Sales Restriction, Quality Selection and the Mode of Competition
A regulator imposing "sales restrictions" on firms competing in oligopolistic markets may enhance quality provision by the firms. Moreover, for most restrictions levels, the impact on quality selection is invariant to the mode of competition.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: FCEE. Campus Montilivi. 17071 Girona. Spain.|
Web page: http://www.udg.edu/depec
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giovanni Maggi & Andres Rodriguez-Clare, 1998.
"Import Peneteration and the Politics of Trade Protection,"
NBER Working Papers
6711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maggi, Giovanni & Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 2000. "Import penetration and the politics of trade protection," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 287-304, August.
- Boccard, N. & Wauthy, X.Y., 2010.
"Equilibrium vertical differentiation in a Bertrand model with capacity precommitment,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 288-297, May.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier Y., . "Equilibrium vertical differentiation in a Bertrand model with capacity precommitment," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2246, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Krishna, Kala, 1989.
"Trade restrictions as facilitating practices,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 251-270, May.
- Richard E. Levitan & Martin Shubik, 1970.
"Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
287, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Petrakis, Emmanuel & Kujal, Praveen & Herguera, Iñigo, 1994.
"Quantity restrictions and endogeneous quality choice,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
2969, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Herguera, Inigo & Kujal, Praveen & Petrakis, Emmanuel, 2000. "Quantity restrictions and endogenous quality choice," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1259-1277, December.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udg:wpeudg:005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Germà Coenders)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.