Technological Convergence: a Strategic Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nolan, Dermot, 1997. "Bottlenecks in pay television. Impact on market development in Europe," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 597-610, August.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Thompson, George V., 1954. "Intercompany Technical Standardization in the Early American Automobile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 1-20, December.
- Shurmer, Mark, 1997. "Future demand for pay-TV in the UK," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 611-618, August.
- Stanley M. Besen & Joseph Farrell, 1994. "Choosing How to Compete: Strategies and Tactics in Standardization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 117-131, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological Convergence; Demand Uncertainty; technological Uncertainty; Technology Life Cycle; Internet; Multimedia; Strategy;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-04-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2002-04-25 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-NET-2002-04-25 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udg:wpeudg:002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Germà Coenders). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deudges.html .