The Political Economy of Law and Economic Development in Islamic History
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lydon, Ghislaine, 2009. "A paper economy of faith without faith in paper: A reflection on Islamic institutional history," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 647-659, September.
- Joerg Baten & Jan Zanden, 2008.
"Book production and the onset of modern economic growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 217-235, September.
- Jörg Baten & Jan Luiten van Zanden, 2007. "Book production and the onset of modern economic growth," Economics Working Papers 1030, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ã–zmucur, SÃ¼leyman & Pamuk, Åževket, 2002. "Real Wages And Standards Of Living In The Ottoman Empire, 1489â€“1914," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 293-321, June.
- Coşgel, Metin M. & Miceli, Thomas J. & Rubin, Jared, 2012.
"The political economy of mass printing: Legitimacy and technological change in the Ottoman Empire,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 357-371.
- Metin M. Cosgel & Thomas J. Miceli & Jared Rubin, 2009. "Guns and Books: Legitimacy, Revolt and Technological Change in the Ottoman Empire," Working papers 2009-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Metin M. Cosgel & Thomas J. Miceli & Jared Rubin, 2010. "The Political Economy of Mass Printing: Legitimacy and Technological Change in the Ottoman Empire," Working papers 2010-02, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2012.
- Barry R. Weingast, 2005. "The Constitutional Dilemma of Economic Liberty," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 89-108, Summer.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic law; change; stagnation; technology; legal community; political economy;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
- P5 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2012-12-22 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CWA-2012-12-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HIS-2012-12-22 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2012-12-22 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2012-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .