The trade-off between monetary and fiscal solidity : international lenders and political instability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Svensson, Jakob, 1998. "Investment, property rights and political instability: Theory and evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1317-1341, July.
- Jo Blanden & Stephen Machin, 2003.
"Cross-Generation Correlations of Union Status for Young People in Britain,"
British Journal of Industrial Relations,
London School of Economics, pages 391-415.
- Jo Blanden & Stephen Machin, 2002. "Cross-Generation Correlations of Union Status For Young People in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0553, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bohn, Frank, 2003. "Public Finance under Political Instability and Debt Conditionality," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 25, Royal Economic Society.
- Blanden, Jo & Machin, Stephen, 2003. "Cross-generation correlations of union status for young people in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 334, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Blanden, Jo & Machin, Stephen, 2002. "Cross-generation correlations of union status for young people in Britain," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20057, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Isaac Ehrlich & Francis T. Lui, 1999. "Bureaucratic Corruption and Endogenous Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 270-293, December.
- Bohn, Frank, 2002. "Public Finance under Political Instability and Debt Conditionality," Economics Discussion Papers 8843, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Wen, Jean-Francois, 1998. "Political instability, capital taxation, and growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1635-1651, November.
- William D. Nordhaus, 1975. "The Political Business Cycle," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 169-190.
- Cukierman, Alex & Edwards, Sebastian & Tabellini, Guido, 1992. "Seigniorage and Political Instability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 537-555.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bohn, Frank, 2007. "Polarisation, uncertainty and public investment failure," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1077-1087, December.
- Frank Bohn, 2005. "Public investment under ethnic diversity and political uncertainty," Working Papers 200501, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- J. Peter Neary, 2004.
"Rationalizing the Penn World Table: True Multilateral Indices for International Comparisons of Real Income,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1411-1428.
- Frank Bohn, 2004. "White Elephants and the Limits to Efficient Investment," Working Papers 200413, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt conditionality; Myopic behaviour; Political economy; Seigniorage; Government deficit; Public finance; Finance; Public; Political stability; Seigniorage (Finance);
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- O23 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucn:wpaper:200408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nicolas Clifton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/educdie.html .