Satisfaction and protection of individual mobile telecommunications consumers
The focus of this paper is to measure customer satisfaction among private individual consumers of mobile telecommunications in Spain and the factors associated with this. Two novelties found in this paper are a focus on individual consumers and the usage of rich data to convey high quality statistical information. Our data allow us to discriminate by operator, region of residence (Autonomous Regions and provinces), gender, age, and educational level, among others. Specifically, we formulate relationships between different aspects of satisfaction and its determinants. We specify econometric models and estimate them using survey data on 4,953 individual consumers. Our results indicate that customers are less satisfied with larger carriers like Movistar and Vodafone, and are more satisfied with smaller and newer operators. We also measure the contribution of each of the aspects of satisfaction to the overall satisfaction by specifying individual equations for each one of them and estimating the importance of each of its determinants. Complaints about billing, difficulty in obtaining the required information and coverage are the major contributors to consumer (dis)satisfaction.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +34 913942604|
Web page: https://www.ucm.es/icae
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales. Pabellón prefabricado, 1ª Planta, ala norte. Campus de Somosaguas, 28223 - POZUELO DE ALARCÓN (MADRID)|
Web: https://www.ucm.es/fundamentos-analisis-economico2/documentos-de-trabajo-del-icae Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diehl, Kevin A., 2010. "Telecommunications companies: One meeting with any competitor is enough to violate the EU's competition laws and result in fines," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 248-250, May.
- Ono, Shigeru & Tang, Puay, 2010. "The role of mobile handsets in advanced network service evolution: Evidence from Japan," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 444-460, September.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Karacuka, Mehmet & Haucap, Justus & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2011. "Competition in Turkish mobile telecommunications markets: Price elasticities and network substitution," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 202-210, March.
- Palcic, Dónal & Reeves, Eoin, 0. "Organisational status change and performance: The case of Ireland's national telecommunications operator," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5-6), pages 299-308, June.
- Symeou, Pavlos C., 2011. "Economy size and performance: An efficiency analysis in the telecommunications sector," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 426-440, June.
- Papke, Leslie, 1998. "How Are Participanats Investing Their Accounts in Participant-Directed Individual Account Pension Plans?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 212-16, May.
- Song, Jae-Do, 2010. "Various wholesale price equilibria for mobile virtual network operators," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 633-648, November.
- Lee, Ya-Ching, 2011. "Competitive relationships between traditional and contemporary telecommunication services in Taiwan," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 543-554, July.
- John DAVIES & Bronwyn HOWELL & Victoria MABIN, 2008. "Telecommunications Regulation, Regulatory Behavior and its Impact A Systems View," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(70), pages 145-168, 2nd quart.
- Zhang, Jing & Liang, Xiong-Jian, 2011. "Business ecosystem strategies of mobile network operators in the 3G era: The case of China Mobile," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 156-171, March.
- Lam, Pun-Lee & Shiu, Alice, 2010. "Economic growth, telecommunications development and productivity growth of the telecommunications sector: Evidence around the world," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 185-199, May.
- Dedrick, Jason & Kraemer, Kenneth L. & Linden, Greg, 2011. "The distribution of value in the mobile phone supply chain," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 505-521, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucm:doicae:1221. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Águeda González Abad)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.