International Migration in Ireland, 2012
This working paper is based on the Irish report to the OECD Continuous Reporting System on Migration (the SOPEMI Expert Group). As such, the focus of the report is largely shaped by the reporting requirements for the preparation of the annual OECD International Migration Outlook. The principal reference year is 2011, although information relating to early-2012 is included where available and relevant. The Executive Summary which provides an overview of the main findings of the report, Section 2 discusses the main developments in migration and integration policy in Ireland in 2011. Section 3 reviews the statistics on inward and outward migration movements. Section 4 examines trends in the population, informed by Census 2011. Migration and the labour market are discussed in Section 5. The final section presents a review of Irish research on discrimination against immigrants, which is intended to contribute to a special focus on discrimination in the forthcoming International Migration Outlook 2013.
|Date of creation:||12 Apr 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arts Annexe, Belfield, Dublin 4|
Phone: +353 1 7164615
Fax: +353 1 7161108
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie/geary/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barrett, Alan & Kelly, Elish, 2010.
"The Impact of Ireland's Recession on the Labour Market Outcomes of its Immigrants,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5218, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barrett, Alan & Kelly, Elish, 2010. "The Impact of Ireland's Recession on the Labour Market Outcomes of its Immigrants," Papers WP355, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:esr:resser:bkmnext216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barrett, Alan & Duffy, David, 2007. "Are Ireland’s Immigrants Integrating into its Labour Market?," IZA Discussion Papers 2838, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alan Barrett & David Duffy, 2007. "Are Ireland's Immigrants Integrating into its Labour Market?," Papers WP199, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Alan Barrett & Adele Bergin & David Duffy, 2006. "The Labour Market Characteristics and Labour Market Impacts of Immigrants in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 37(1), pages 1-26.
- Barrett, Alan & Bergin, Adele & Duffy, David, 2005. "The Labour Market Characteristics and Labour Market Impacts of Immigrants in Ireland," IZA Discussion Papers 1553, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:esr:resser:bkmnext183 is not listed on IDEAS
- Russell, Helen & Quinn, Emma & King O'Riain, Rebecca & McGinnity, Frances, 2008. "The Experience of Discrimination in Ireland: Analysis of the QNHS Equality Module," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number BKMNEXT120.
- Frances McGinnity & Peter D. Lunn, 2011. "Measuring discrimination facing ethnic minority job applicants: an Irish experiment," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 25(4), pages 693-708, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucd:wpaper:201304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geary Tech)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.