Regulatory Enforcement, Politics, and Institutional Distance: OSHA Inspections 1990-2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gray, Wayne B & Jones, Carol Adaire, 1991.
"Are OSHA Health Inspections Effective? A Longitudinal Study in the Manufacturing Sector,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 504-508, August.
- Wayne B. Gray & Carol Adaire Jones, 1990. "Are OSHA Health Inspections Effective? A Longitudinal Study in the Manufacturing Sector," NBER Working Papers 3233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Hahn & Richard L. Schmalensee & Roger Noll & Robert Stavins & Lester B. Lave & George C. Eads & Milton Russell & V. Kerry Smith & Maureen L. Cropper & Paul R. Portney & Kenneth J. Arrow, 1996. "Benefit-Cost Analysis in Environmental, Health, and Safety Regulation: A Statement of Principles," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 51790, September.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2009. "Political Economy at Any Speed: What Determines Traffic Citations?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 509-527, March.
- Wayne B. Gray & Carol Adaire Jones, 1991. "Longitudinal Patterns of Compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration Health and Safety Regulations in the Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(4), pages 623-653.
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kishore Gawande & Alok K. Bohara, 2005.
"Agency Problems in Law Enforcement: Theory and Application to the U.S. Coast Guard,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1593-1609, November.
- kishore gawande & alok k. bohara, 2005. "Agency Problems in Law Enforcement: Theory and Application to the U.S. Coast Guard," Law and Economics 0505001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Puhani, 2000. "The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Weingast, Barry R & Moran, Mark J, 1983. "Bureaucratic Discretion or Congressional Control? Regulatory Policymaking by the Federal Trade Commission," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 765-800, October.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1996. "Economic Foundations of the Current Regulatory Reform Efforts," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 119-134, Summer.
- Scholz, John T. & Wei, Feng Heng, 1986. "Regulatory Enforcement in a Federalist System," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1249-1270, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Juergen Jung & Michael Makowsky, 2014. "The determinants of federal and state enforcement of workplace safety regulations: OSHA inspections 1990–2010," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Michael Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2014.
"Politics, unemployment, and the enforcement of immigration law,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 160(1), pages 131-153, July.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2012. "Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law," Working Papers 2012-04, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2012.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2012. "Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law," CESifo Working Paper Series 3792, CESifo.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2007.
"Public sector pay and corruption: Measuring bribery from micro data,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(5-6), pages 963-991, June.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Sabirianova Peter, Klara, 2006. "Public Sector Pay and Corruption: Measuring Bribery from Micro Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 5585, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2006. "Public Sector Pay and Corruption: Measuring Bribery from Micro Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1987, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Myck, Michal & Nicinska, Anna & Morawski, Leszek, 2009. "Count Your Hours: Returns to Education in Poland," IZA Discussion Papers 4332, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tao, Hung-Lin, 2014. "Height, weight, and entry earnings of female graduates in Taiwan," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 85-98.
- Cairns, Alexander P. & Meilke, Karl D., 2012.
"Canadian Agrifood Export Performance and the Growth Potential of the BRICs and Next-11,"
Trade Policy Briefs
145973, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Cairns, Alexander P. & Meilke, Karl D., 2012. "Canadian Agrifood Export Performance and the Growth Potential of the BRICs and Next-11," Working Papers 142372, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 2001.
"Wage rigidities in Western Germany? Microeconometric evidence from the 1990s,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
01-36, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Puhani, Patrick A., 2001. "Wage Rigidities in Western Germany? Microeconometric Evidence from the 1990s," IZA Discussion Papers 334, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Puhani, Patrick A., 2001. "Wage Rigidities in Western Germany? Microeconometric Evidence from the 1990s," IRISS Working Paper Series 2001-07, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Patrick A. Puhani, 2002. "Wage Rigidities in Western Germany? Microeconometric Evidence from the 1990s," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 D3-3, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2001. "Wage Rigidities in Western Germany: Microeconometric Evidence from the 1990s," CEPR Discussion Papers 3009, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marion Kohler & Anthony Rossiter, 2005. "Property Owners in Australia: A Snapshot," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2005-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2002. "Is Good Governance Rewarded? A Cross-national Analysis of Debt Forgiveness," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 913-930, June.
- Ramaele Moshoeshoe, 2012. "Consumer demand for alcoholic beverages and tobacco in Lesotho: A double-hurdle approach," Working Papers 315, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Marinelli, Nicoletta & Palomba, Giulio, 2011.
"A model for pricing Italian Contemporary Art paintings at auction,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 212-224, May.
- Nicoletta Marinelli & Giulio Palomba, 2009. "A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction," EHUCHAPS, in: Ignacio Díaz-Emparanza & Petr Mariel & María Victoria Esteban (ed.), Econometrics with gretl. Proceedings of the gretl Conference 2009, edition 1, chapter 7, pages 111-133, Universidad del País Vasco - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Nicoletta MARINELLI & Giulio PALOMBA, 2008. "A Model for Pricing the Italian Contemporary Art Paintings at Auction," Working Papers 316, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Earnhart, Dietrich & Segerson, Kathleen, 2012. "The influence of financial status on the effectiveness of environmental enforcement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 670-684.
- Stavins, Robert, 2004.
"Introduction to the Political Economy of Environmental Regulation,"
Working Paper Series
rwp04-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Stavins, Robert N., 2004. "Introduction to the Political Economy of Environmental Regulations," Discussion Papers 10876, Resources for the Future.
- Stavins, Robert, 2004. "Introduction to the Political Economy of Environmental Regulations," Discussion Papers dp-04-12, Resources For the Future.
- Michael K. McShane & Larry A. Cox, 2009. "Issuance Decisions and Strategic Focus: The Case of Long‐Term Care Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 76(1), pages 87-108, March.
- Marjan Petreski & Nikica Blazevski & Blagica Petreski, 2014.
"Gender Wage Gap when Women are Highly Inactive: Evidence from Repeated Imputations with Macedonian Data,"
Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 393-411, December.
- Petreski, Marjan & Mojsoska-Blazevski, Nikica & Petreski, Blagica, 2014. "Gender wage gap when women are highly inactive: Evidence from repeated imputations with Macedonian data," MPRA Paper 57226, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Huber & Ulugbek Rahimov, 2017. "The Self-Selection of Workers to the Formal and Informal in Transition Economies: Evidence from Tajikistan," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 67(2), pages 140-164, April.
- Bayo-Moriones, Alberto & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose Enrique & Martinez-de-Morentin, Sara, 2011.
"The Process of Wage Adjustment: An Analysis Using Establishment-Level Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5998, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alberto Bayo-Moriones & Jose Enrique Galdon-Sanchez & Sara Martinez-de-Morentin, 2013. "The Process of Wage Adjustment: An Analysis Using Establishment- Level Data," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1306, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Kyung‐Rae Hyun & Sungwook Kang & Sunmi Lee, 2016. "Population Aging and Healthcare Expenditure in Korea," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(10), pages 1239-1251, October.
- Elisabeth Nindl, 2014. "An empirical assessment of Fairtrade: A perspective for low- and middle-income countries?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp160, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Million, Andreas & Rotte, Ralph & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1998. "Immigration Labor and Workplace Safety," IZA Discussion Papers 16, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsRegulation; Enforcement; Occupational Safety; Institutional Differences.;
All these keywords.
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2012-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juergen Jung). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.