Regulatory Enforcement, Politics, and Institutional Distance: OSHA Inspections 1990-2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gray, Wayne B & Jones, Carol Adaire, 1991.
"Are OSHA Health Inspections Effective? A Longitudinal Study in the Manufacturing Sector,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 504-508, August.
- Wayne B. Gray & Carol Adaire Jones, 1990. "Are OSHA Health Inspections Effective? A Longitudinal Study in the Manufacturing Sector," NBER Working Papers 3233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert W. Hahn & Richard L. Schmalensee & Roger Noll & Robert Stavins & Lester B. Lave & George C. Eads & Milton Russell & V. Kerry Smith & Maureen L. Cropper & Paul R. Portney & Kenneth J. Arrow, 1996. "Benefit-Cost Analysis in Environmental, Health, and Safety Regulation," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 51790, September.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2009. "Political Economy at Any Speed: What Determines Traffic Citations?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 509-527, March.
- Wayne B. Gray & Carol Adaire Jones, 1991. "Longitudinal Patterns of Compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration Health and Safety Regulations in the Manufacturing Sector," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(4), pages 623-653.
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Kishore Gawande & Alok K. Bohara, 2005.
"Agency Problems in Law Enforcement: Theory and Application to the U.S. Coast Guard,"
INFORMS, vol. 51(11), pages 1593-1609, November.
- kishore gawande & alok k. bohara, 2005. "Agency Problems in Law Enforcement: Theory and Application to the U.S. Coast Guard," Law and Economics 0505001, EconWPA.
- Puhani, Patrick A, 2000. " The Heckman Correction for Sample Selection and Its Critique," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 53-68, February.
- Weingast, Barry R & Moran, Mark J, 1983. "Bureaucratic Discretion or Congressional Control? Regulatory Policymaking by the Federal Trade Commission," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(5), pages 765-800, October.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1996. "Economic Foundations of the Current Regulatory Reform Efforts," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 119-134, Summer.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:80:y:1986:i:04:p:1249-1270_18 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRegulation; Enforcement; Occupational Safety; Institutional Differences.;
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- H73 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Interjurisdictional Differentials and Their Effects
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2012-03-08 (Health Economics)
- NEP-REG-2012-03-08 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tow:wpaper:2012-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juergen Jung). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detowus.html .