The gap between school enrolments and population in South Africa: Analysis of the possible explanations
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taylor, Stephen & Spaull, Nicholas, 2015. "Measuring access to learning over a period of increased access to schooling: The case of Southern and Eastern Africa since 2000," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 47-59.
- Martin Gustafsson, 2018. "Understanding the sharp primary level enrolment increases beginning in 2011," Working Papers 08/2018, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Gustafsson, Martin, 2015. "Enrolment ratios and related puzzles in developing countries: Approaches for interrogating the data drawing from the case of South Africa," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 63-72.
- Cosser, Dr Michael, 2018. "Differential pathways of South African students through higher education," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 100-109.
More about this item
Keywordspopulation estimates; school enrolment; enrolment ratios; household surveys; gross enrolment ratio;
All these keywords.
- D19 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Other
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-01-07 (Africa)
- NEP-DEM-2013-01-07 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2013-01-07 (Education)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Melt van Schoor (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.