Consumption Inequality in Norway in the 80s and 90s
This article describes the consumption model and inequality study of Chapter 2 in the author's unpublished Ph.D. dissertation submitted at the Dept. of Economics, University of California, Berkeley. The Norwegian Research Council and Statistics Norway financed the project; project no. 120636/730. The following lent encouragement and expertise: Rolf Aaberge, Jørgen Aasness, George Akerlof, Erik Biørn, Clair Brown, Brad DeLong, Michael Hanemann, Christina Romer, David Romer, Kenneth Train, Thor Olav Thoresen, and Knut Reidar Wangen in addition to seminar participants at Statistics Norway and University of California, Berkeley. Thanks belong to all, shortcomings only to the author.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 8131 Dep, N-0033 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: (+47) 21 09 00 00
Fax: +47 - 62 88 55 95
Web page: http://www.ssb.no/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erik Fjærli & Rolf Aaberge, 2000. "Tax Reforms, Dividend Policy and Trends in Income Inequality Empirical Evidence based on Norwegian Data," Discussion Papers 284, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Erling Røed Larsen, 2002. "Estimating Latent Total Consumption in a Household," Discussion Papers 324, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Goldberger, Arthur S, 1972. "Structural Equation Methods in the Social Sciences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(6), pages 979-1001, November.
- Cutler, David M & Katz, Lawrence F, 1992.
"Rising Inequality? Changes in the Distribution of Income and Consumption in the 1980's,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 546-551, May.
- David M. Cutler & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Rising Inequality? Changes in the Distribution of Income and Consumption in the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 3964, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rolf Aaberge & Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti & Peder J. Pedersen & Nina Smith & Tom Wennemo, 1997. "Unemployment Shocks and Income Distribution How Did the Nordic Countries Fare During their Crises?," Discussion Papers 201, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Karl Jöreskog, 1978. "Structural analysis of covariance and correlation matrices," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 43(4), pages 443-477, December.
- Rolf Aaberge, 2001. "Sampling Errors and Cross-Country Comparisons of Income Inequality," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 10(1-2), pages 6-6, June.
- Rolf Aaberge, 1999. "Samling Errors and Cross-Country Comparisons of Income Inequality," Discussion Papers 252, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Melby, Ingrid, 1998. "The Sensitivity of Income Inequality to Choice of Equivalence Scales," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(4), pages 565-569, December.
- John Sabelhaus & Jeffrey A. Groen, 2000. "Can Permanent-Income Theory Explain Cross-Sectional Consumption Patterns?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(3), pages 431-438, August.
- Henri Theil & Charles B. Moss, 1999. "Note The measurement of inequality by components of total expenditure," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 559-561.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L MaasÃ¸)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.