The Norwegian Tax Reform; Distributional Effects and the High-income Response
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1991.
"Taxation and the Cost of Capital: The "Old" View, the "New" View, and Another View,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 5, pages 25-54
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans-Werner Sinn, 1990. "Taxation and the Cost of Capital: The "Old" View, the "New" View and Another View," NBER Working Papers 3501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pencavel, John, 1987. "Labor supply of men: A survey," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-102 Elsevier.
- King, Mervyn A., 1983. "Welfare analysis of tax reforms using household data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 183-214, July.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-90-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morris, Nick & Preston, Ian, 1986. "Inequality, Poverty and the Redistribution of Income," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 275-344, November.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo & Sorensen, Peter Birch, 1997. "On the optimality of the Nordic system of dual income taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 311-329, February.
- Thor Olav Thoresen, 1995. "The Distributional Impact of the Norwegian Tax Reform Measured by Disproportionality," Discussion Papers 146, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Martin Feldstein & James M. Poterba, 1996. "Empirical Foundations of Household Taxation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number feld96-1.
- Thomas MaCurdy & David Green & Harry Paarsch, 1990. "Assessing Empirical Approaches for Analyzing Taxes and Labor Supply," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(3), pages 415-490.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thor O. Thoresen, 2004.
"Reduced Tax Progressivity in Norway in the Nineties: The Effect from Tax Changes,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(4), pages 487-506, August.
- Thor O. Thoresen, 2002. "Reduced Tax Progressivity in Norway in the Nineties The Effect from Tax Changes," Discussion Papers 335, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Bergh, Andreas, 2006. "Explaining Welfare State Survival: The Role of Economic Freedom and Globalization," Ratio Working Papers 101, The Ratio Institute.
- Aarbu, Karl O. & Thoresen, Thor O., 2001.
"Income Responses to Tax Changes--Evidence From the Norwegian Tax Reform,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 54(2), pages 319-338, June.
- Thor O. Thoresen & Karl Ove Aarbu, 1999. "Income Responses to Tax Changes - Evidence from the Norwegian Tax Reform," Discussion Papers 260, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Andreas Bergh, 2008. "Explaining the Survival of the Swedish Welfare State: Maintaining Political Support Through Incremental Change," Financial Theory and Practice, Institute of Public Finance, vol. 32(3), pages 233-254.
- Ingvild Almås & Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2011.
"Baby booming inequality? Demographic change and earnings inequality in Norway, 1967–2000,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(4), pages 629-650, December.
- Ingvild Almås & Tarjei Havnes & Magne Mogstad, 2010. "Baby Booming Inequality? Demographic Change and Earnings Inequality in Norway, 1967-2000," CESifo Working Paper Series 3200, CESifo Group Munich.
- Almas, Ingvild & Havnes, Tarjei & Mogstad, Magne, 2011. "Baby Booming Inequality? Demographic Change and Earnings Inequality in Norway, 1967-2000," CEPR Discussion Papers 8393, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsTax reform; Income distribution; Social welfare; Personal tax;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.