Age and Choice in Health Insurance: Evidence from Switzerland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Strombom, Bruce A. & Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Feldstein, Paul J., 2002. "Switching costs, price sensitivity and health plan choice," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Feldstein, Paul J., 1997. "The effect of price on switching among health plans," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 231-247, April.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, March.
- Samuelson, William & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1988. "Status Quo Bias in Decision Making," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 7-59, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rinaldo Brau & Matteo Lippi Bruni, 2008.
"Eliciting the demand for long-term care coverage: a discrete choice modelling analysis,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 411-433.
- Rinaldo Brau & Matteo Lippi Bruni, 2006. "Eliciting the Demand for Long Term Care Coverage: A Discrete Choice Modelling Analysis," Working Papers 2006.71, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
Keywordswillingness-to-pay; health insurance; age; rationing;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2006-02-12 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-HEA-2006-02-12 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2006-02-12 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soz:wpaper:0410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .