The Influence of Dividend Payments, Profitability, Liquidity and Firm Size for Cash Holdings ? Case of Indonesian Manufacturing Companies
This study is aimed at examining the influence of dividend payments, profitability, liquidity, and firm size for cash holdings in manufacturing companies. The population of this study was manufacturing companies listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange between 2010 and 2014. The population of this study was manufacturing companies that listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange which published financial statements by December 31st and paying dividend payments respectively during the observation period (2010-2014). This study used census method and collected cross-sections data. Thus, 32 companies were selected or 160 observation data were analysed. The data was collected from published financial statements. The analysis method used in this study was multiple linear regression. This study found that dividend payments, profitability, liquidity, and firm size both collectively and individually have an effect on cash holdings in the manufacturing companies. Therefore, the results are consistent with previous research findings, although it was carry out in a single industry and in a developing country.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2016|
|Publication status:||Published in Proceedings of the Proceedings of the 25th International Academic Conference, OECD Headquarters, Paris, Oct 2016, pages 166-177|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://iises.net/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edith Ginglinger & Khaoula Saddour, 2007.
"Cash holdings, corporate governance and financial constraints,"
- Edith Ginglinger & Khaoula Saddour, 2007. "Cash holdings, corporate governance and financial constraints," Working Papers halshs-00162404, HAL.
- Miguel A. Ferreira & Antonio S. Vilela, 2004. "Why Do Firms Hold Cash? Evidence from EMU Countries," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(2), pages 295-319.
- Opler, Tim & Pinkowitz, Lee & Stulz, Rene & Williamson, Rohan, 1999. "The determinants and implications of corporate cash holdings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-46, April.
- Tim Opler & Lee Pinkowitz & Rene Stulz & Rohan Williamson, 1997. "The Determinants and Implications of Corporate Cash Holdings," NBER Working Papers 6234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Bong Soo & Suh, Jungwon, 2011. "Cash holdings and share repurchases: International evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1306-1329.
- Ozkan, Aydin & Ozkan, Neslihan, 2004. "Corporate cash holdings: An empirical investigation of UK companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2103-2134, September.
- Arslan, Ozgur & Florackis, Chrisostomos & Ozkan, Aydin, 2006. "The role of cash holdings in reducing investment-cash flow sensitivity: Evidence from a financial crisis period in an emerging market," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 320-338, December.
- Ozgur Arslan & Chrisostomos Florackis & Aydin Ozkan, 2006. "The Role of Cash Holdings in Reducing Investment-Cash Flow Sensitivity: Evidence from a Financial Crisis Period in an Emerging Market," Discussion Papers 06/08, Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2938 is not listed on IDEAS
- Al-Najjar, Basil, 2013. "The financial determinants of corporate cash holdings: Evidence from some emerging markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88.
- Wolfgang Drobetz & Matthias Grüninger, 2007. "Corporate cash holdings: Evidence from Switzerland," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 21(3), pages 293-324, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sek:iacpro:4106579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klara Cermakova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.