The Effect of the Euro Competition Over Innovation Decisions and Labor Productivity
The growing competition from the euro, the Eastern enlargement, and the BRIC nations has attracted increasing attention by governments in Europe like in Italy. In this paper we have investigated the effects that such scenario has on innovation decision of Italian manufacturing firms. Using data from UniCredit Surveys conducted in Italy over the period 1995-2006 we explore the influence of the euro competition on innovation decisions controlling for a set of variables, ranging from export behaviour, family management and size. We find the euro competition to significantly affect innovation decisions. Such effects are different for high-tech firms and low-tech firms and for family-managed and non-family-managed firms.
|Date of creation:||14 Dec 2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: via Giovanni Paolo II, 132, 84084 - Fisciano (SA), ITALY|
Phone: +39 089 962152 -
Fax: +39 089 962049
Web page: http://www.celpe.unisa.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David B. Audretsch & Werner Bönte & Prashanth Mahagaonkar, 2009.
"Financial Signaling by Innovative Nascent Entrepreneurs,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2009-012, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Audretsch, David B & Bönte, Werner & Mahagaonkar, Prashanth, 2009. "Financial Signalling by Innovative Nascent Entrepreneurs," CEPR Discussion Papers 7165, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David B. Audretsch & Prashanth Mahagaonkar & Werner Bönte, 2009. "Financial Signaling by Innovative Nascent Entrepreneurs," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp09001, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Conte, Andrea & Vivarelli, Marco, 2005.
"One or Many Knowledge Production Functions? Mapping Innovative Activity Using Microdata,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1878, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrea Conte & Marco Vivarelli, 2006. "One or Many Knowlede Production Functions? Mapping Innovative Activity Using Microdata," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-03, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Anna Giunta & Annamaria Nifo & Domenico Scalera, 2012. "Subcontracting in Italian Industry: Labour Division, Firm Growth and the North--South Divide," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(8), pages 1067-1083, December.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998.
"Research, Innovation And Productivity: An Econometric Analysis At The Firm Level,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 115-158.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation, and Productivity: An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," NBER Working Papers 6696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Crépon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation and Productivity : An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," Working Papers 98-33, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sal:celpdp:0135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Coccorese)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.