The spread of branch banking and the demand for cash in post-war Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cronin, David & McGuinness, Anne, 2010. "Retail Payment Practices. How They Have Evolved in Recent Times and Where They Might Be Going," Quarterly Bulletin Articles, Central Bank of Ireland, pages 56-82, April.
- Batiz-Lazo, Bernardo & Karlsson, Tobias & Thodenius, Björn, 2009. "Building Bankomat: The development of on-line, real-time systems in British and Swedish savings banks, c.1965-1985," MPRA Paper 27084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edgar L. Feige, 1979.
"How Big Is the Irregular Economy?,"
Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 5-13, November.
- Edgar L. Feige, 2004. "How Big IS the Irregular Economy?," Macroeconomics 0404005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1980. "Alternative approaches to the theory of the banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-37, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stanisław Cichocki, 2008. "Shadow economy and its relations with tax system and state budget in Poland 1995 - 2007," Working Papers 2008-05, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- James Alm & Abel Embaye, 2013. "Using Dynamic Panel Methods to Estimate Shadow Economies Around the World, 1984-2006," Working Papers 1303, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Luisanna Onnis & Patrizio Tirelli, 2015. "Shadow economy: Does it matter for money velocity?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 839-858, November.
- Muhammad Farooq Arby & Muhammad Jahanzeb Malik & Muhammad Nadim Hanif, 2010.
"The Size of Informal Economy in Pakistan,"
- Muhammad Farooq Arby & Muhammad Jahanzeb Malik & Muhammad Nadim Hanif, 2010. "The Size of Informal Economy in Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 33, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Arby, Muhammad Farooq & Malik, Muhammad Jahanzeb & Hanif, Muhammad Nadim, 2010. "The size of informal economy in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 22617, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed Gulzar & Novaira Junaid & Adnan Haider, 2010.
"What is Hidden in the Hidden Economy of Pakistan? Size, Causes, Issues, and Implications,"
The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 665-704.
- Gulzar, Ahmed & Junaid, Novaira & Haider, Adnan, 2010. "What is Hidden, in the Hidden Economy of Pakistan? Size, Causes, Issues and Implications," MPRA Paper 28571, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Dec 2010.
- Orviska, Marta & Caplanova, Anetta & Medved, Jozef & Hudson, John, 2006. "A cross-section approach to measuring the shadow economy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 713-724, October.
- Khorana, Sangeeta & Caram, Santiago & Biagetti, Marco, 2021. "Vicious Circle or New Paradigm? Exploring the Impact of Shadow Economy on Labour Market in Latin America and Eurozone," GLO Discussion Paper Series 983, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Jasna Atanasijević & Marko Danon & Zorana Lužanin & Dušan Kovačević, 2022. "Shadow Economy Estimation Using Cash Demand Approach: The Case of Serbia," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(20), pages 1-19, October.
- Feige, Edgar L., 2015.
"Reflections on the meaning and measurement of Unobserved Economies: What do we really know about the “Shadow Economy”?,"
68466, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Feige, Edgar L., 2016. "Reflections on the meaning and measurement of Unobserved Economies: What do we really know about the "Shadow Economy"," MPRA Paper 69271, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2016.
- Klarita Gërxhani, 2004.
"The Informal Sector in Developed and Less Developed Countries: A Literature Survey,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 120(3_4), pages 267-300, September.
- Klarita Gerxhani, 1999. "Informal Sector in Developed and less Developed Countries: A Literature Survey," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-083/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bejaković Predrag, 2017. "How to measure the unmeasurable: Project Grey developing capacities and capabilities for tackling undeclared work," Croatian Review of Economic, Business and Social Statistics, Sciendo, vol. 3(2), pages 20-38, December.
- Misbah Kiani & Adeel Ahmed & Khalid Zaman, 2015. "Combining qualitative and quantitative approaches for measuring underground economy of Pakistan," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 295-317, January.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2000.
"Illegal activities, but still values added ones (?): size, causes, and measurement of the shadow economies all over the world,"
Economics working papers
2000-10, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Illegal Activities, but Still Value Added Ones (?): Size, Causes, and Measurement of the Shadow Economies all over the World," CESifo Working Paper Series 305, CESifo.
- Magdalena Anton (Musat) & Nicoleta Luminita Popescu (Groaznicu) & Oana Camelia Iacob & Sorin Adrian Ciupitu, 2022. "Measurement Of The Underground Economy With The Help Of The Managers Of Economic Entities," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1, pages 254-260, February.
- Colin C. Williams & Jan Windebank, 2011. "Regional Variations in the Nature of the Shadow Economy: Evidence from a Survey of 27 European Union Member States," Chapters, in: Friedrich Schneider (ed.), Handbook on the Shadow Economy, chapter 5, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Pickhardt & Jordi Sardà, 2015.
"Size and causes of the underground economy in Spain: a correction of the record and new evidence from the MCDR approach,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 403-429, April.
- Michael Pickhardt & Jordi Sardà, "undated". "Size and causes of the underground economy in Spain: A correction of the record and new evidence from the MCDR approach," Working Papers 201280, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Pickhardt, Michael & Sardà, Jordi, 2011. "Size and causes of the underground economy in Spain: A correction of the record and new evidence from the MCDR approach," CAWM Discussion Papers 54, University of Münster, Münster Center for Economic Policy (MEP).
- Josï¿½ Brambila Macias & Guido Cazzavillan, 2008. "The Dynamics of Parallel Economies. Measuring the Informal Sector in Mï¿½xico," Working Papers 2008_42, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Cho, Yoonyoung, 2011. "Informality and protection from health shocks : lessons from Yemen," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5746, The World Bank.
- Stanisław Cichocki, 2006. "Metody pomiaru szarej strefy," Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 1-2, pages 37-61.
- Mai HASSAN & Friedrich SCHNEIDER, 2016. "Modelling the Egyptian Shadow Economy: A MIMIC model and A Currency Demand approach," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 309-339, June.
More about this item
Keywordsretail payments; demand for cash; innovation;
All these keywords.
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- G29 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Other
- L89 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Other
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2017-04-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-PAY-2017-04-16 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rmn:wpaper:201609. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.rome-net.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Albrecht F. Michler (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.rome-net.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.