Why has the Philippines’ Growth Performance Improved? From Disappointment to Promising Success
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 2012. "Smart Machines and Long-Term Misery," NBER Working Papers 18629, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prachowny, Martin F J, 1993. "Okun's Law: Theoretical Foundations and Revised Estimates," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 331-336, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Victor S. Venida, 2020. "Updates of Empirical Estimates of Marxian Categories: The Philippines 1961-2012," Department of Economics, Ateneo de Manila University, Working Paper Series 202011, Department of Economics, Ateneo de Manila University.
- Hang Pham, 2020. "Estimating the Output Gap for Emerging Countries: Evidence from Five Southeast Asia Countries," International Journal of Applied Economics, Finance and Accounting, Online Academic Press, vol. 7(2), pages 61-73.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ngoo Yee Ting & Loi Siew Ling, 2011. "Okun’S Law In Malaysia: An Autoregressive Distributed Lag (Ardl) Approach With Hodrick-Prescott (Hp) Filter," Journal of Global Business and Economics, Global Research Agency, vol. 2(1), pages 95-103, January.
- Lee, Jim, 2000. "The Robustness of Okun's Law: Evidence from OECD Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 331-356, April.
- Abdessalem GOUIDER & Ridha NOUIRA & Faouzi SBOUI, 2018. "La relation croissance-chômage en Tunisie : validation de la spécification non linéaire de la loi d’Okun," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 47, pages 27-41.
- Adolfo Maza & José Villaverde, 2007. "Okun's law in the Spanish regions," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 18(5), pages 1-11.
- Costas KARFAKIS & Constantinos KATRAKILIDIS & Eftychia TSANANA, 2014.
"Does output predict unemployment? A look at Okun's law in Greece,"
International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 153(3), pages 421-433, September.
- Costas Karfakis & Konstantinos Katrakilidis & Eftychia Tsanana, 2013. "Does Output Predict Unemployment? A Look at Okun’s Law in Greece," Discussion Paper Series 2013_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2013.
- Adama Zerbo, 2018. "A Theorem for Okun's Law," Documents de travail 180, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Duarte, Cláudia & Maria, José R. & Sazedj, Sharmin, 2020.
"Trends and cycles under changing economic conditions,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 126-146.
- Cláudia Duarte & José R. Maria & Sharmin Sazedj, 2019. "Trends and cycles under changing economic conditions," Working Papers w201918, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Skare, Marinko, 2010. "Can there be a 'golden triangle' of internal equilibrium?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 562-573, July.
- Abeliansky, Ana & Prettner, Klaus, 2017.
"Automation and demographic change,"
Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers
310, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Abeliansky, Ana Lucia & Prettner, Klaus, 2017. "Automation and demographic change," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168215, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Abeliansky, Ana & Prettner, Klaus, 2017. "Automation and demographic change," Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences 05-2017, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Abeliansky, Ana Lucia & Prettner, Klaus, 2020. "Automation and Demographic Change," GLO Discussion Paper Series 518, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Filippo Bertani & Marco Raberto & Andrea Teglio, 2020.
"The productivity and unemployment effects of the digital transformation: an empirical and modelling assessment,"
Review of Evolutionary Political Economy, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 329-355, November.
- Bertani, Filippo & Raberto, Marco & Teglio, Andrea, 2020. "The Productivity and Unemployment Effects of the Digital Transformation: an Empirical and Modelling Assessment," MPRA Paper 98233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José L. Torres & Pablo Casas, 2020. "Automation, Automatic Capital Returns, and the Functional Income Distribution," Working Papers 2020-02, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Binet Marie-estelle & Francois Facchini, 2013.
"Okun's law in the french regions: a cross-regional comparison,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 420-433.
- Marie-Estelle Binet & François Facchini, 2012. "Okun’S Law In The French Regions: A Cross-Regional Comparison," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201222, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Marie-Estelle Binet & François Facchini, 2013. "Okun's Law in the French Regions: A Cross-Regional Comparison," Post-Print halshs-00812549, HAL.
- Guilherme Alexandre Tombolo & Marcos Minoru Hasegawa, 2014. "Okun’s Law: Evidence for the Brazilian Economy," Economic Research Guardian, Weissberg Publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 2-12, June.
- Cords, Dario & Prettner, Klaus, 2018.
"Technological unemployment revisited: Automation in a search and matching framework,"
Hohenheim Discussion Papers in Business, Economics and Social Sciences
19-2018, University of Hohenheim, Faculty of Business, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Cords, Dario & Prettner, Klaus, 2019. "Technological Unemployment Revisited: Automation in a Search and Matching Framework," GLO Discussion Paper Series 308, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Afşin Şahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2015.
"Output–Employment Relationship Across Sectors: A Long- Versus Short-Run Perspective,"
Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 265-288, July.
- Sahin, Afsin & Tansel, Aysit & Berument, Hakan, 2011. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," MPRA Paper 46875, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jun 2012.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1311, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," Working Papers 792, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2013.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M.Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors:A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," ERC Working Papers 1305, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2013.
- Sahin, Afsin & Tansel, Aysit & Berument, Hakan, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 7599, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Faria, João Ricardo & Cuestas, Juan Carlos & Mourelle, Estefanía, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and unemployment: A nonlinear bidirectional causality?,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1282-1291, September.
- Joao Ricardo Faria & Juan Carlos Cuestas & Estefania Mourelle, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and unemployment: a nonlinear bidirectional causality," NBS Discussion Papers in Economics 2008/6, Economics, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University.
- Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Leat, Philip M.K. & Renwick, Alan W., 2012. "The relationship between output and unemployment in Scotland: A regional analysis," Working Papers 131465, Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College), Land Economy & Environment Research Group.
- Wei Cui & Wolfgang K. HÃ¤rdle & Weining Wang, 2015.
"Estimation of NAIRU with Inflation Expectation Data,"
SFB 649 Discussion Papers
SFB649DP2015-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Cui, W. & Härdle, W.K. & Wang, W., 2016. "Estimation of NAIRU with In ation Expectation Data," Working Papers 16/05, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Chen, S. & Härdle, W.K. & Wang, W., 2016. "Inflation Co-movement across Countries in Multi-maturity Term Structure: An Arbitrage-Free Approach," Working Papers 16/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Zbonakova, L. & Härdle, W.K. & Wang, W., 2016. "Time Varying Quantile Lasso," Working Papers 16/07, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Dahmani, Mohamed Driouche & Rekrak, Mounia, 2015. "Revisiting the Relationship between Unemployment Rate and Economic Growth in Algeria, 1970-2014: Co-Integration Approach using ARDL model," MPRA Paper 92045, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "Switching and asymmetric behaviour of the Okun coefficient in the US: Evidence for the 1948–2015 period," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 281-290.
More about this item
KeywordsHarrod’s natural growth rate; Kalman filter; Okun’s Law; Philippines; potential growth; underemployment; unemployment;
All these keywords.
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbewp:0542. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eradbph.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gemma Estrada (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eradbph.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.