The slippery slope: explaining the increase in extreme poverty in urban Brazil, 1976-1996
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ricardo Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 1998.
"Emerging Market Crises: An Asset Markets Perspective,"
98-18, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 1998. "Emerging Market Crises: An Asset Markets Perspective," NBER Working Papers 6843, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Ricardo J. Caballero, 1999. "Emerging Markets Crisis; An Asset Markets Perspective," IMF Working Papers 99/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Ricardo Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 1999. "Emerging Market Crises: An Asset Markets Perspective," Working papers 99-23, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Stanley Fischer, 1999. "On the Need for an International Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 85-104, Fall.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Chang, R. & Velasco, A., 1998.
"Financial Crises in Emerging Markets: A Canonical Model,"
98-21, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1998. "Financial crises in emerging markets: a canonical model," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 98-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Roberto Chang & Andres Velasco, 1998. "Financial Crises in Emerging Markets," NBER Working Papers 6606, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudger Dornbusch & Ilan Goldfajn & Rodrigo O. Valdés, 1995. "Currency Crises and Collapses," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(2), pages 219-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andre Portela Souza, 2002. "Wage Inequality Changes in Brazil: Market Forces, Macroeconomic Instability and Labor Market Institutions (1981-1997)," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0215, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Barros, Ricardo Paes de & Ferreira, Francisco, 2000. "Education and income distribution in urban Brazil, 1976-1996," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Menezes-Filho, Naercio Aquino & Fernandes, Reynaldo & Picchetti, Paulo, 2006. "Rising Human Capital but Constant Inequality: The Education Composition Effect in Brazil," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 60(4), February.
- Gonzalez-Rozada, Martin & Menendez, Alicia, 2006. "Why Have Urban Poverty and Income Inequality Increased So Much? Argentina, 1991-2001," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(1), pages 109-138, October.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2001. "Why is there so much economic insecurity in Latin America?," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- GRIES, Thomas & PALNAU, Irene, 2016. "Distress Beyond Poverty: Spatial Patterns And Geographic Aspects Of Vulnerability In Brazil," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 16(2), pages 53-70.
More about this item
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rio:texdis:404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpucrbr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .