Lagos-Wright vs. Cash-in-Advance: Government Policy Response to War-Expenditure Shocks
I pit the Lagos-Wright micro founded model of money with the reduced-form cash-in-advance model in terms of their predictions for the response of government policy to war-expenditure shocks. The Lagos-Wright model performs well qualitative and quantitatively. Depending on specific assumptions about preferences, the cash-in-advance model either has some qualitative or quantitative shortcomings.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htmEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernando M. Martin, 2013.
"Government Policy In Monetary Economies,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(1), pages 185-217, 02.
- Fernando Martin, 2009.
"On the Joint Determination of Fiscal and Monetary Policy,"
dp09-01, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Martin, Fernando M., 2011. "On the joint determination of fiscal and monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 132-145, March.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Gabriele Camera & Christopher Waller, 2005.
"Money, Credit and Banking,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1617, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Gabriele Camera & Christopher Waller, . "Money, Credit and Banking," IEW - Working Papers 219, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Gabriele Camera, 2004. "Money, Credit, and Banking," 2004 Meeting Papers 473, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Stephen D. Williamson & Randall Wright, 2010.
"New Monetarist Economics: models,"
443, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Fernando M. Martin, 2004.
"A Positive Theory of Government Debt,"
0408013, EconWPA, revised 12 Oct 2004.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Christopher Waller, 2008. "Outside Versus Inside Bonds," IEW - Working Papers 372, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed011:745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.