Lagos-Wright vs. Cash-in-Advance: Government Policy Response to War-Expenditure Shocks
I pit the Lagos-Wright micro founded model of money with the reduced-form cash-in-advance model in terms of their predictions for the response of government policy to war-expenditure shocks. The Lagos-Wright model performs well qualitative and quantitatively. Depending on specific assumptions about preferences, the cash-in-advance model either has some qualitative or quantitative shortcomings.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aleksander Berentsen & Gabriele Camera & Christopher Waller, .
"Money, Credit and Banking,"
IEW - Working Papers
219, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Christopher Waller, 2008. "Outside Versus Inside Bonds," IEW - Working Papers 372, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
- Stephen D. Williamson & Randall Wright, 2010.
"New Monetarist Economics: models,"
443, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Fernando M. Martin, 2004.
"A Positive Theory of Government Debt,"
0408013, EconWPA, revised 12 Oct 2004.
- Fernando M. Martin, 2010.
"Government Policy in Monetary Economies,"
dp10-01, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
- Martin, Fernando M., 2011.
"On the joint determination of fiscal and monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 132-145, March.
- Fernando Martin, 2009. "On the Joint Determination of Fiscal and Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers dp09-01, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed011:745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.