Lagos-Wright vs. Cash-in-Advance: Government Policy Response to War-Expenditure Shocks
I pit the Lagos-Wright micro founded model of money with the reduced-form cash-in-advance model in terms of their predictions for the response of government policy to war-expenditure shocks. The Lagos-Wright model performs well qualitative and quantitatively. Depending on specific assumptions about preferences, the cash-in-advance model either has some qualitative or quantitative shortcomings.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Robert A, 1976. "The Origin and Development of Media of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 757-75, August.
- David M. Arseneau & Sanjay K. Chugh, 2008.
"Optimal fiscal and monetary policy in customer markets,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
919, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David M. Arseneau & Ryan Chahrour & Sanjay K. Chugh & Alan Finkelstein Shapiro, 2015. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Customer Markets," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(4), pages 617-672, 06.
- David M. Arseneau & Ryan Chahrour & Sanjay K. Chugh & Alan Finkelstein Shapiro, 2013. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Customer Markets," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 842, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Sanjay K. Chugh & David M. Arseneau, 2008. "Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in Customer Markets," 2008 Meeting Papers 101, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002.
"A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis,"
0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005. "A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Staff Report 346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Arseneau, David M. & Chugh, Sanjay K., 2008.
"Optimal fiscal and monetary policy with costly wage bargaining,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 1401-1414, November.
- David M. Arseneau & Sanjay K. Chugh, 2007. "Optimal fiscal and monetary policy with costly wage bargaining," International Finance Discussion Papers 893, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shouyong Shi, 1997.
"A Divisible Search Model of Fiat Money,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 75-102, January.
- Fernando M. Martin, 2004.
"A Positive Theory of Government Debt,"
0408013, EconWPA, revised 12 Oct 2004.
- Williamson, Stephen D. & Wright, Randall, 2010.
"New Monetarist Economics: Models,"
21030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Neil Wallace, 1998. "A dictum for monetary theory," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 20-26.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed011:745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.