The Specification and Influence of Goods and Factor Markets in Open Economy Macroeconomic Models
This paper explores the structure and specification of goods and factor markets in open economy macro models. Simple benchmark models are set up which abstract entirely from market structure and focus on goods market structure. These real and monetary factors are combined in a full employment context, then in an unemployment/ variable output context. We consider some applications of specie-flow mechanisms and the purchasing power parity doctrine.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1982|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6|
Phone: (613) 533-2250
Fax: (613) 533-6668
Web page: http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Bruce, Neil & Purvis, Douglas D., 1985. "The specification and influence of goods and factor markets in open-economy macroeconomic models," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 807-857 Elsevier.
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- Nikolina Kosteletou & Panagiotis Liargovas, 2000. "Foreign Direct Investment and Real Exchange Rate Interlinkages," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 135-148, April.
- Smith, Peter N., 2000. "Output price determination and the business cycle," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 49-69, January.
- Davis, George K. & Miller, Norman C., 1996. "Exchange rate mean reversion from real shocks within an intertemporal equilibrium model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 947-967, December.
- Panagiotis Liargovas, 1999. "An Assessment of Real Exchange Rate Movements in the Transition Economies of Central and Eastern Europe," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 299-318.
- Zervoyianni, Athina, 1996. "Product-market openness and dynamic responses to exogenous shocks and policies in a two-country, two-goods model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 269-290.
- Jyh-Lin Wu, 1994. "Fiscal announcements and real exchange rate dynamics," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 177-190, March.
- Jean-Marie Viaene, 1992.
"Real effects of the 1992 financial deregulation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(4), pages 615-638, December.
- Viaene, J.-M., 1991. "Real Effects of the 1992 Financial Deregulation," Papers 500, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Moschos, D. & Stournaras, Y., 1998. "Domestic and foreign price links in an aggregate supply framework: The case of Greece," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 141-157, June.
- Aghion, Philippe & Bacchetta, Philippe & Banerjee, Abhijit, 1999. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2083, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 2000. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," Working Papers 99.01 update, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Bacchetta & Abhijit Banerjee, 1999. "Capital Markets and the Instability of Open Economies," Working Papers 99.01, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Torben M. Andersen & Allan Sørensen, 2012. "Globalization, Tax Distortions, and Public-Sector Retrenchment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(2), pages 409-439, 06.
- Torben M. Andersen & Allan Sørensen, 2010. "Globalization, tax distortions and public sector retrenchment," Economics Working Papers 2010-09, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Bjørnstad, Roger & Kalstad, Kjartan Øren, 2010. "Increased price markup from union coordination: OECD panel evidence," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 4, pages 1-37.
- Roger Bjørnstad & Kjartan Øren Kalstad, 2006. "Increased Price Markup from Union Coordination. OECD Panel Evidence," Discussion Papers 470, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Bjørnstad, Roger & Kalstad, Kjartan Øren, 2010. "Increased price markup from union coordination: OECD panel evidence," Economics Discussion Papers 2010-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Makin, Anthony J., 1998. "A dependent economy model of public expenditure and the exchange rate," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 453-463.
- Dr Anthony J. Makin & Alexander Robson, 2002. "The Welfare Cost Of Capital Immobility And Capital Controls," Discussion Papers Series 318, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Torben M. Andersen & Allan Sørensen, 2013. "Product market integration, tax distortions and public sector size," Economics Working Papers 2013-28, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- H. Molana & T. Moutos, 1992. "Returns to scale, imperfect competition and aggregate demand and trade policy effects in a two-country model," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 271-295, October.
- A J Makin, 2005. "A Monetary Model of Exchange Rate and Balance of Payments Adjustment," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 10(1), pages 25-36, March.
- Sebastian Edwards & Alejandra Cox Edwards, 1990. "Labor Market Distortions and Structural Adjustments in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Torben Andersen & Niels Hansen, 1995. "Price adjustment in open economies," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 303-321, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed