Decomposition of intra-household disparity sensitive fuzzy multi-dimensional poverty index: A study of vulnerability through Machine Learning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lili Vargha & Róbert Iván Gál & Michelle O. Crosby-Nagy, 2017. "Household production and consumption over the life cycle: National Time Transfer Accounts in 14 European countries," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(32), pages 905-944, March.
- Alkire, Sabina & Foster, James, 2011.
"Counting and multidimensional poverty measurement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 476-487.
- Sabina Alkire and James Foster, 2009. "Counting and Multidimensional Poverty Measurement (Short Version)," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp007_5, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sabina Alkire and James E. Foster, 2009. "Counting and Multidimensional Poverty Measurement (Revised and Updated)," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp032, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1994.
"How does Future Income Affect Current Consumption?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 111-147.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 1992. "How does future income affect current consumption?," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 126, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1990.
"How Serious Is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 866-881, September.
- Haddad, L. & Kanbur, R., 1989. "How Serious Is The Neglectof Intra-Household Inequality?," Papers 450, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kanbur, Ravi, 1989. "How serious is the neglect of intrahousehold inequality ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 296, The World Bank.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2016.
"Networks and Misallocation: Insurance, Migration, and the Rural-Urban Wage Gap,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 106(1), pages 46-98, January.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2015. "Networks and Misallocation: Insurance, Migration, and the Rural-Urban Wage Gap," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1562, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kaivan Munshi & Mark Rosenzweig, 2015. "Networks and Misallocation: Insurance, Migration, and the Rural-Urban Wage Gap," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1516, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- François Bourguignon & Satya Chakravarty, 2003. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 25-49, April.
- Anthony Shorrocks, 2013. "Decomposition procedures for distributional analysis: a unified framework based on the Shapley value," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 11(1), pages 99-126, March.
- Alkire, Sabina & Roche, José Manuel & Vaz, Ana, 2017.
"Changes Over Time in Multidimensional Poverty: Methodology and Results for 34 Countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 232-249.
- Sabina Alkire, José Manuel Roche and Ana Vaz, 2015. "Changes Over Time in Multidimensional Poverty: Methodology and Results for 34 Countries," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp076, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Vijaya, Ramya M. & Lahoti, Rahul & Swaminathan, Hema, 2014. "Moving from the Household to the Individual: Multidimensional Poverty Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 70-81.
- Bina Agarwal, 1997. "''Bargaining'' and Gender Relations: Within and Beyond the Household," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-51.
- Stephan Klasen & Rahul Lahoti, 2016. "How Serious is the Neglect of Intra-Household Inequality in Multi-dimensional Poverty Indices?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 200, Courant Research Centre PEG.
More about this item
KeywordsPoverty; Vulnerability; Fuzzy logic; Intra-household disparity; Shapley Value Decomposition; Machine Learning; LIME;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2019-05-06 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2019-05-06 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2019-05-06 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HME-2019-05-06 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:93550. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.