The Health Care Crisis in the United States: The Issues and Proposed Solutions by the 2008 Presidential Candidates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Markowitz, Sara, 2008.
"The effectiveness of cigarette regulations in reducing cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 106-133, January.
- Sara Markowitz, 2006. "The Effectiveness of Cigarette Regulations in Reducing Cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome," NBER Working Papers 12527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vaithianathan, Rhema, 2006. "Health insurance and imperfect competition in the health care market," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1193-1202, November.
- Olivella, Pau & Vera-Hernandez, Marcos, 2007. "Competition among differentiated health plans under adverse selection," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 233-250, March.
- Ellis, Randall P., 1998. "Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 537-555, October.
More about this item
KeywordsElections; General Elections; 2008; President; United States; Health Care; Healthcare; Crisis; McCain; Obama; Barack; Democrat; Republican; Private Market; Universal Healthcare; Competition;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2008-07-05 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2008-07-05 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.