Pattern of Comparative Advantage in Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roberta Gatti & Matteo Morgandi & Rebekka Grun & Stefanie Brodmann & Diego Angel-Urdinola & Juan Manuel Moreno & Daniela Marotta & Marc Schiffbauer & Elizabeth Mata Lorenzo, 2013. "Jobs for Shared Prosperity : Time for Action in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13284, November.
- Ndiamé Diop & Daniela Marotta & Jaime de Melo, 2012. "Natural Resource Abundance, Growth, and Diversification in the Middle East and North Africa : The Effects of Natural Resources and the Role of Policies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 11956, November.
- Keld Laursen, 1998. "Revealed Comparative Advantage and the Alternatives as Measures of International Specialisation," DRUID Working Papers 98-30, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Thomas Vollrath, 1991. "A theoretical evaluation of alternative trade intensity measures of revealed comparative advantage," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(2), pages 265-280, June.
- Luca Benedictis & Marco Gallegati & Massimo Tamberi, 2009. "Overall trade specialization and economic development: countries diversify," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(1), pages 37-55, April.
- Jose R. Lopez-Calix & Peter Walkenhorst & Ndiame Diop, 2010. "Trade Competitiveness of the Middle East and North Africa : Policies for Export Diversification," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2466, November.
- Imre FertÅ & Karoly Attila SoÃ³s, 2008. "Trade Specialization in the European Union and in Postcommunist European Countries," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 5-28, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Duddy, D, Roesmara & Tri, Widodo & Sri, Adiningsih, 2017. "Dynamics of Trade Specialization in Middle East and North Africa (MENA)," MPRA Paper 77439, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Jim, 2011. "Export specialization and economic growth around the world," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 45-63, March.
- Dominika Choros-Mrozowska, 2020. "Changes and Comparisons in Pattern of Polish Chinese Trade within the “16+1” Format," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2), pages 327-342.
- Setyastuti, Rini & Adiningsih, Sri & Widodo, Tri, 2018. "The Dynamics of Comparative Advantage in the ASEAN Region," MPRA Paper 86541, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia & Ramos Maria, José, 2007.
"International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?,"
5996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & José R. Maria & Sónia Cabral, 2007. "International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?," Working Papers w200714, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Martin Grančay & Tomáš Dudáš, 2019. "Bilateral trade flows and comparative advantage: does the size matter?," Society and Economy, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 41(4), pages 397-413, December.
- Umar Fachrudin & Fithra Faisal Hastiadi, 2016. "Impact Analysis of Normalized Revealed Comparative Advantageon ASEAN’s Non-Oil and Gas Export Pattern Using Gravity-Model Approach," Working Papers in Economics and Business 201603, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised May 2016.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & José Maria, 2010. "What can we learn from the distribution of trade patterns?," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 9(2), pages 77-95, August.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013.
"The evolving structure of Polish exports (1994−2010) – diversification of products and trade partners,"
Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 44(5), pages 435-466.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013. "The Evolving Structure Of Polish Exports (1994-2010) – Diversification Of Products And Trade Partners," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 10, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Tri WIDODO, 2009. "Comparative Advantage: Theory, Empirical Measures And Case Studies," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 4, pages 57-82, November.
- Depetris Guiguet, Edith & García Arancibia, Rodrigo & Rossini, Gustavo, 2010. "Consistencia de indicadores de especialización en el comercio internacional. Aplicación al caso de la mantequilla en Argentina y Uruguay = Consistency of Specialization Indicators. An Application to A," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 9(1), pages 85-105, June.
- Sarker, Rakhal, 2018. "Trade Expansion, International Competitiveness and the Pursuit of Export Diversification in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 41(02), pages 1-25, June.
- Figiel, Szczepan & Kuberska, Dominika & Kufel, Justyna, 2012. "Development of clusters and international competitiveness of the agro-food sectors in the EU countries," 126th Seminar, June 27-29, 2012, Capri, Italy 126118, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Fertő, Imre & Hubbard, Lionel J., 2005. "Az agrárkereskedelem dinamikája - A csatlakozó országok esete [The dynamics of agri-food trade patterns - the accession countries case]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 24-38.
- Waqar Akhtar & M. Sharif & Hassnain Shah, 2009. "Competitiveness of Pakistani Fruits in the World Market," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 125-133, Jul-Dec.
- Ervani, Eva & Widodo, Tri & M. Purnawan, Edhie, 2018. "East Asia’s Pattern of Export Specialization: Does Indonesia Compete with Japan, China, Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore?," MPRA Paper 85259, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marjan Sternad & Matjaz Safran & Darja Topolsek, 2012. "International Comparative Advantage In Transport Services: The Case Of Slovenia," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 8(1), pages 179-186.
- Girik Allo, Albertus & Sukartini, Ni Made & Widodo, Tri, 2017. "Dynamic Changes in Comparative Advantage of Indonesian Agricultural Products," MPRA Paper 80028, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irina Marilena Ban, 2017. "Measuring trade specialization dynamics: the case of Romania and Bulgaria," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 44(2), pages 229-248, May.
- French, Scott, 2017.
"Revealed comparative advantage: What is it good for?,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 83-103.
- Scott French, 2014. "Revealed Comparative Advantage: What Is it Good For?," Discussion Papers 2014-39, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Scott French, 2017. "Revealed Comparative Advantage: What Is it Good For?," Discussion Papers 2014-39B, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
More about this item
Keywordscomparative advantage; RSCA; MENA;
All these keywords.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F17 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:78109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.