Revealed Comparative Advantage and the Alternatives as Measures of International Specialisation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-959, December.
- Bent Dalum & Keld Laursen & Gert Villumsen, 1998. "Structural Change in OECD Export Specialisation Patterns: de-specialisation and 'stickiness'," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 423-443.
- Grupp, Hariolf, 1994. "The measurement of technical performance of innovations by technometrics and its impact on established technology indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 175-193, March.
- Thomas Vollrath, 1991. "A theoretical evaluation of alternative trade intensity measures of revealed comparative advantage," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 127(2), pages 265-280, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gordeev, Roman, 2020. "Comparative advantages of Russian forest products on the global market," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C).
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia & Ramos Maria, José, 2007.
"International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?,"
5996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & José R. Maria & Sónia Cabral, 2007. "International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?," Working Papers w200714, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Fabio Bertoni & Massimo Colombo & Anita Quas, 2015.
"The patterns of venture capital investment in Europe,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 543-560, October.
- Fabio Bertoni & Massimo G. Colombo & Anita Quas, 2015. "The patterns of venture capital investment in Europe," Post-Print hal-02313273, HAL.
- Keld Laursen, 2015. "Revealed comparative advantage and the alternatives as measures of international specialization," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(1), pages 99-115, June.
- Kaveri Deb & William R. Hauk, 2017. "RCA indices, multinational production and the Ricardian trade model," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Waqar Akhtar & M. Sharif & Hassnain Shah, 2009. "Competitiveness of Pakistani Fruits in the World Market," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 125-133, Jul-Dec.
- Imre Ferto, 2007. "The Dynamics of Trade in Central and Eastern European Countries," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 5(1), pages 5-23.
- Dominika Choros-Mrozowska, 2020. "Changes and Comparisons in Pattern of Polish Chinese Trade within the “16+1” Format," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2), pages 327-342.
- Liu, Bin & Gao, Jianbo, 2019. "Understanding the non-Gaussian distribution of revealed comparative advantage index and its alternatives," International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 1-11.
- Jambor, Atilla & Toth, Andrea Timea & Koroshegyi, Domonkos, 2017. "The Export Competitiveness of Global Cocoa Traders," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 9(3), September.
- Kaveri Deb & Bodhisattva Sengupta, 2018. "Value-Added Trade and Empirical Distributions of RCA Indices," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 16(1), pages 235-264, March.
- Souguir, Afef, 2019. "Evolution of the specialization of the Tunisian international trade on the European market," MPRA Paper 92500, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eric O'N. Fisher & John Gilbert & Kathryn G. Marshall & Reza Oladi, 2015. "A New Measure of Economic Distance," CESifo Working Paper Series 5362, CESifo.
- Jens Oelgemoeller, "undated". "Analyzing the international competitiveness of the industry in Portugal, Ireland, Greece and Spain using revealed comparative advantages (RCA) indicators," Working Papers 201286, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Ronen, Eyal & Benizri, Yohan, 2018.
"Export Competitiveness and Trade Agreements: Analysis and Insights from Israel’s Experience,"
84945, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronen, Eyal & Benizri, Yohan, 2018. "Export Competitiveness and Trade Agreements: Analysis and Insights from Israel’s Experience," MPRA Paper 85728, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & José Maria, 2011. "A Simple Cross-Country Index of Trade Specialization," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 447-461, July.
- Palan, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2010.
"Structural convergence of European countries,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 85-100, May.
- Höhenberger, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008. "Structural convergence of European countries," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- French, Scott, 2017.
"Revealed comparative advantage: What is it good for?,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 83-103.
- Scott French, 2014. "Revealed Comparative Advantage: What Is it Good For?," Discussion Papers 2014-39, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Scott French, 2017. "Revealed Comparative Advantage: What Is it Good For?," Discussion Papers 2014-39B, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Jambor, Attila, 2013. "Comparative Advantages and Specialisation of the Visegrad Countries Agri-Food Trade," Acta Oeconomica et Informatica, Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra (FEM SPU), vol. 16(1), pages 1-13, February.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & José Maria, 2010. "What can we learn from the distribution of trade patterns?," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 9(2), pages 77-95, August.
More about this item
Keywordsrevealed comparative advantage; international specialisation;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:98-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen). General contact details of provider: https://www.druid.dk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.