The Themistocles Naval Decree of 483/2 BCE and the Greek Referendum of 2015: A comparative analysis of choice set under direct democracy procedures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lars P. Feld & Justina A.V. Fischer & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2010.
"The Effect Of Direct Democracy On Income Redistribution: Evidence For Switzerland,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(4), pages 817-840, October.
- Lars P. Feld & Justina A.V. Fischer & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2006. "The Effect of Direct Democracy on Income Redistribution: Evidence for Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 1837, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lars P. Feld & Justina A.V. Fischer & Gebhard Kirchgassner, 2006. "The Effect of Direct Democracy on Income Redistribution: Evidence for Switzerland," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-24, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Lars P. Feld & Justina A.V. Fischer & Gebhard Kirchgässner, 2006. "The Effect of Direct Democracy on Income Redistribution:Evidence for Switzerland," STICERD - Political Economy and Public Policy Paper Series 23, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Feld, Lars P. & Fischer, Justina A. V. & Kirchgassner, Gebhard, 2006. "The effect of direct democracy on income redistribution: evidence for Switzerland," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19287, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- George Tridimas, 2011. "A political economy perspective of direct democracy in ancient Athens," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 58-82, March.
- Emmanouil Economou & Nicholas Kyriazis & Theodore Metaxas, 2015.
"The institutional and economic foundations of regional proto-federations,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 251-271, August.
- Emmanouil Marios Lazaros Economou & Nicholas Kyriazis & Theodore Metaxas, 2013. "The institutional and economic foundations of regional proto-federations," ERSA conference papers ersa13p739, European Regional Science Association.
- Nicholas Kyriazis, 2009. "Financing the Athenian state: public choice in the age of Demosthenes," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 109-127, April.
- Stefan Voigt & Lorenz Blume, "undated".
"The Economic Effects of Direct Democracy - A Cross-Country Assessment,"
German Working Papers in Law and Economics
2006-1-1144, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Voigt, Stefan, 2006. "The economic effects of direct democracy: A cross-country assessment," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 84, University of Kassel, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Yoram Barzel & Tim R. Sass, 1990. "The Allocation of Resources by Voting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 745-771.
- George Tridimas, 2012. "Constitutional choice in ancient Athens: the rationality of selection to office by lot," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Mark Gradstein & Branko Milanovic, 2004.
"Does Libertè = Egalité? A Survey of the Empirical Links between Democracy and Inequality with Some Evidence on the Transition Economies,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 515-537, September.
- Gradstein. Mark*Milanovic, Branko, 2002. "Does Liberte = Egalite ? A survey of the empirical links between democracy and inequality with some evidence on the transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2875, The World Bank.
- Nicholas Kyriazis & Michel Zouboulakis, 2004. "Democracy, Sea Power and Institutional Change: An Economic Analysis of the Athenian Naval Law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 117-132, January.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:65:y:1971:i:03:p:682-693_13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Feld, Lars P & Savioz, Marcel R, 1997. "Direct Democracy Matters for Economic Performance: An Empirical Investigation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 507-538.
- Tridimas, George, 2015. "War, disenfranchisement and the fall of the ancient Athenian democracy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 102-117.
More about this item
KeywordsThemistocles’ Naval Law; Greece’s referendum of June 2015; decision making; consensus building;
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-01-29 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:76421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.