How does the health sector benefit from trade openness? Evidence form panel data across sub-Saharan Africa countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Papageorgiou, Chris & Savvides, Andreas & Zachariadis, Marios, 2007.
"International medical technology diffusion,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 409-427, July.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Andreas Savvides & Marios Zachariadis, 2005. "International Medical Technology Diffusion," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 2-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Chris Papageorgiou & Andreas Savvides & Marios Zachariadis, 2006. "International Medical Technology Diffsion," 2006 Meeting Papers 23, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Philip Stevens & Jasson Urbach & Gabrielle Wills, 2013. "Healthy Trade: The Relationship Between Open Trade and Health," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 48(1), pages 125-135, February.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Paulos Gutema, 2008. "A Health Production Function for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA)," Working Papers 200808, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Levine, David I. & Rothman, Dov, 2006. "Does trade affect child health?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 538-554, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- AIGHEYISI Oziengbe Scott & OLIGBI O. Blessing, 2019. "Trade Openness, Foreign Direct Investment And Life Expectancy In Nigeria," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 351-365, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Muhammad Shafiullah & Mantu K. Mahalik, 2019.
"The dynamics of financial development, globalisation, economic growth and life expectancy in sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 444-479, December.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Shafiullah, Muhammad & Kumar, Mantu, 2019. "The Dynamics of Financial Development, Globalization, Economic Growth and Life Expectancy in Sub-Saharan Africa," MPRA Paper 96649, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Oct 2019.
- Jacob Novignon & Yaw Boateng Atakorah & Gbetoton Nadege Djossou, 2018. "How Does the Health Sector Benefit from Trade Openness? Evidence from Sub‐Saharan Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 30(2), pages 135-148, June.
- Md. Samsul Alam & Syed Ali Raza & Muhammad Shahbaz & Qaisar Abbas, 2016. "Accounting for Contribution of Trade Openness and Foreign Direct Investment in Life Expectancy: The Long-Run and Short-Run Analysis in Pakistan," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 1155-1170, December.
- Micheal Kofi Boachie & K. Ramu & Tatjana Põlajeva, 2018. "Public Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes: New Evidence from Ghana," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(4), pages 1-25, October.
- Vrachimis Konstantinos & Zachariadis Marios, 2013. "A contribution to the empirics of welfare growth," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(1), pages 1-32, April.
- Jaison Chireshe & Matthew K. Ocran, 2020. "Health care expenditure and health outcomes in sub‐Saharan African countries," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 32(3), pages 349-361, September.
- Francesco Ricci & Marios Zachariadis, 2013.
"Education Externalities on Longevity,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(319), pages 404-440, July.
- Francesco Ricci & Marios Zachariadis, 2008. "Longevity and Education: A Macroeconomic Perspective," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 1-2008, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- RICCI Francesco & ZACHARIADIS Marios, 2009. "Longevity and Education Externalities: A Macroeconomic Perspective," LERNA Working Papers 09.02.278, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Ricci, Francesco & Zachariadis, Marios, 2009. "Longevity and Education Externalities: A Macroeconomic Perspective," TSE Working Papers 09-009, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Dierk Herzer, 2017.
"The Long-run Relationship Between Trade and Population Health: Evidence from Five Decades,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 462-487, February.
- Herzer, Dierk, 2014. "The long-run relationship between trade and population health: evidence from five decades," VfS Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100441, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Francesco Ricci & Marios Zachariadis, 2013. "Education Externalities on Longevity," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(319), pages 404-440, July.
- Idrissa Ouedraogo & Issa Dianda & Iyewumi Titilope Adeyele, 2020. "Institutional Quality and Health Outcomes in Sub-Saharan Africa," Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 12(4), pages 22-45, December.
- Eric French & Elaine Kelly & Richard Cookson & Carol Propper & Miqdad Asaria & Rosalind Raine, 2016.
"Socio‐Economic Inequalities in Health Care in England,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 37, pages 371-403, September.
- Cookson, Richard & Propper, Carol & Asaria, Miqdad & Raine, Rosalind, 2016. "Socio-economic inequalities in health care in England," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 101256, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Cookson & Carol Proppper & Miqdad Asaria & Rosalind Raine, 2016. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health care in England," Working Papers 129cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Rana Ejaz Ali Khan & Muhammad Ali Raza, 2017. "Utilization of Quality Source of Prenatal-Care in India: An Evidence from IDHS," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 1163-1178, April.
- Anura Amarasinghe & Gerard D'Souza & Cheryl Brown & Tatiana Borisova, 2006. "A Spatial Analysis of Obesity in West Virginia," Working Papers Working Paper 2006-13, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Kristina Burström & Magnus Johannesson & Finn Diderichsen, 2003. "The value of the change in health in Sweden 1980/81 to 1996/97," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 637-654, August.
- Robert Kaestner, 1995. "The Effects of Cocaine and Marijuana Use on Marriage and Marital Stability," NBER Working Papers 5038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017.
"Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11210, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days Out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey," MPRA Paper 83227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017. "Education Effects On Days Hospitalized And Days Out Of Work By Gender: Evidence From Turkey," ERC Working Papers 1715, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Dec 2017.
- Aysit Tansel & Halil Ibrahim Keskin, 2017. "Education Effects on Days Hospitalized and Days out of Work by Gender: Evidence from Turkey," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1721, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Tansel, Aysit & Keskin, Halil Ibrahim, 2017. "Education effects on days hospitalized and days out of work by gender: Evidence from Turkey," GLO Discussion Paper Series 156, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Hongliang Wang & Yiwen Yu, 2016. "Increasing health inequality in China: An empirical study with ordinal data," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(1), pages 41-61, March.
- Lurås, Hilde, 2009. "A healthy lifestyle: The product of opportunities and preferences," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2001:11, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Charles Hokayem & James P. Ziliak, 2014. "Health, Human Capital, and Life Cycle Labor Supply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(5), pages 127-131, May.
- de Walque, Damien, 2007.
"How does the impact of an HIV/AIDS information campaign vary with educational attainment? Evidence from rural Uganda,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 686-714, November.
- De Walque, Damien, 2004. "How does the impact of an HIV/AIDS information campaign vary with educational attainment ? Evidence from rural Uganda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3289, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational trade; health status; health financing; SSA;
All these keywords.
- E0 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2016-07-09 (Africa)
- NEP-HEA-2016-07-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-INT-2016-07-09 (International Trade)
- NEP-MAC-2016-07-09 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:72258. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.