Credibility and monetary policy under inflation targeting
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Abdelkader Aguir & Ghrissi Mhamdi & Ramzi Farhani, 2015. "Credibility and Monetary Policy under Inflation Targeting," International Journal of Business, Economics and Management, Conscientia Beam, vol. 2(3), pages 78-90.
References listed on IDEAS
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2004.
"The role of credibility in the cyclical properties of macroeconomic policies in emerging economies,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 140(4), pages 613-633, December.
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2003. "The Role of Credibility in the Cyclical Properties of Macroeconomic Policies in Emerging Economies," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 237, Central Bank of Chile.
- Cragg, John G, 1983. "More Efficient Estimation in the Presence of Heteroscedasticity of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(3), pages 751-763, May.
- Helder Ferreira de Mendonca, 2007. "Empirical evidence from fourteen countries with explicit inflation targeting," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 573-576.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Moses K. Tule & Oloruntoba S. Ogundele & Martins O. Apinran, 2018. "Efficacy of Monetary Policy Instruments on Economic Growth: Evidence from Nigeria," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 8(10), pages 1239-1256, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Montes, Gabriel Caldas, 2013. "Credibility and monetary transmission channels under inflation targeting: An econometric analysis from a developing country," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 670-684.
- Gabriel Caldas Montes & Júlio Cesar Albuquerque Bastos, 2013. "Economic policies, macroeconomic environment and entrepreneurs' expectations: Evidence from Brazil," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(3), pages 334-354, July.
- Helder Ferreira de Mendonca & Rubens Teixeira da Silva, 2009. "Fiscal effect from inflation targeting: the Brazilian experience," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(7), pages 885-897.
- Gabriel Barros Tavares Peixoto & Gabriel Caldas Montes, 2014. "Risk-Taking Channel, Bank Lendingchannel And The “Paradox Of Credibility”: Empirical Evidence For Brazil," Anais do XL Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 40th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 030, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Gabriel Caldas Montes & Caroline Cabral Machado, 2013. "Credibility and the credit channel transmission of monetary policy theoretical model and econometric analysis for Brazil," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 40(4), pages 469-492, August.
- Michis Antonis A, 2009. "Regression Analysis of Marketing Time Series: A Wavelet Approach with Some Frequency Domain Insights," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-43, July.
- de Mendonça, Helder Ferreira & Tiberto, Bruno Pires, 2014. "Public debt and social security: Level of formality matters," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 490-507.
- Helder Ferreira De Mendonça & Josè Simao Filho, 2007. "Economic transparency and poverty," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 60(240), pages 33-48.
- Matteo Foglia & Eliana Angelini, 2019. "An explorative analysis of Italy banking financial stability," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 39(2), pages 1294-1308.
- Ioannis Tsamourgelis & Persa Paflioti & Thomas Vitsounis, 2013. "Seaports Activity (A)synchronicity, Trade Intensity and Business Cycle Convergence: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Maritime, Trade & Economic Issues (IJMTEI), International Journal of Maritime, Trade & Economic Issues (IJMTEI), vol. 0(1), pages 67-92.
- Katarzyna Jabłońska, 2018. "Dealing With Heteroskedasticity Within The Modeling Of The Quality Of Life Of Older People," Statistics in Transition New Series, Polish Statistical Association, vol. 19(3), pages 423-452, September.
- G. C. Montes & L. V. Oliveira & A. Curi & R. T. F. Nicolay, 2016. "Effects of transparency, monetary policy signalling and clarity of central bank communication on disagreement about inflation expectations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 590-607, February.
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2016.
"Do Good Institutions Promote Countercyclical Macroeconomic Policies?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 78(5), pages 650-670, October.
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "Do Good Institutions Promote Counter-Cyclical Macroeconomic Policies?," Documentos de Trabajo 419, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2014. "Do Good Institutions Promote Counter-cyclical Macroeconomic Policies?," Working Papers 2014-3, Peruvian Economic Association.
- César Calderón & Roberto Duncan & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel, 2012. "Do good institutions promote counter-cyclical macroeconomic policies?," Globalization Institute Working Papers 118, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2003.
"Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 02, Stata Users Group.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," North American Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 05, Stata Users Group.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 545, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 Feb 2003.
- Duncan, Roberto, 2014.
"Institutional quality, the cyclicality of monetary policy and macroeconomic volatility,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 113-155.
- Roberto Duncan, 2013. "Institutional quality, the cyclicality of monetary policy and macroeconomic volatility," Globalization Institute Working Papers 163, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Moreira, Ricardo Ramalhete, 2016. "Measuring the Monetary Policy’s Structural Credibility by the Expected Inflation Determinants: a Kalman Filter Approach for Brazil," Brazilian Review of Econometrics, Sociedade Brasileira de Econometria - SBE, vol. 36(2), November.
- Josifidis, Kosta & Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Gimet, Céline & Pucar, Emilija Beker, 2014.
"Macroeconomic policy responses to financial crises in emerging European economies,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 577-591.
- Jean-Pierre Allegret & Emilija Beker-Pucar & Céline Gimet & Kosta Josifidis, 2014. "Macroeconomic policy responses to financial crises in emerging European economies," Post-Print hal-01385909, HAL.
- Kosta Josifidis & Jean-Pierre Allegret & Céline Gimet & Emilija Beker Pucar, 2014. "Macroeconomic policy responses to financial crises in emerging European economies," Post-Print halshs-00976661, HAL.
- Montes, Gabriel Caldas & Curi, Alexandre, 2017. "Disagreement in expectations about public debt, monetary policy credibility and inflation risk premium," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 46-61.
- Benedikt M. Potscher & David Preinerstorfer, 2020.
"How Reliable are Bootstrap-based Heteroskedasticity Robust Tests?,"
- Pötscher, Benedikt M. & Preinerstorfer, David, 2020. "How Reliable are Bootstrap-based Heteroskedasticity Robust Tests?," MPRA Paper 100234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Central Bank of Chile Working Group for the 11th APEC Finance Ministers’ Meeting, 2004. "Institution Building in a World of Free and Volatile Capital Flows: A Case Study of Chile," Economic Policy Papers Central Bank of Chile 12, Central Bank of Chile.
More about this item
KeywordsCredibility; Inflation targeting; Investment; Employment; Central bank; Interest rate.;
All these keywords.
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2015-05-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2015-05-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-05-09 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:64034. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.