Selected Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Market Movements: Empirical evidence from Thailand
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joseph Ato Forson & Jakkaphong Janrattanagul, 2014. "Selected Macroeconomic Variables and Stock Market Movements: Empirical evidence from Thailand," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 8(2), June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Xing-Qiu Zhao, 1999. "Stock prices, inflation and output: evidence from China," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(8), pages 509-511.
- Ross, Stephen A., 1976.
"The arbitrage theory of capital asset pricing,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 341-360, December.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Stephen A. Ross, "undated". "The Arbitrage Theory of Capital Asset Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 2-73, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2012. "Do US macroeconomic conditions affect Asian stock markets?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 669-679.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1981. "Stock Returns, Real Activity, Inflation, and Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 545-565, September.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Chen, Nai-Fu & Roll, Richard & Ross, Stephen A, 1986. "Economic Forces and the Stock Market," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(3), pages 383-403, July.
- Tarun K. Mukherjee & Atsuyuki Naka, 1995. "Dynamic Relations Between Macroeconomic Variables And The Japanese Stock Market: An Application Of A Vector Error Correction Model," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 223-237, June.
- Al-Sharkas, A.A., 2004. "Dynamic Relations Between Macroeconomic Factors and the Jordanian Stock Market," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 1(1), pages 97-114.
- Eraslan, Veysel, 2013. "Fama and French Three-Factor Model: Evidence from Istanbul Stock Exchange," Business and Economics Research Journal, Uludag University, Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 4(2), pages 1-11, April.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Mukherjee, Tarun K & Naka, Atsuyuki, 1995. "Dynamic Relations between Macroeconomic Variables and the Japanese Stock Market: An Application of a Vector Error Correction Model," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(2), pages 223-237, Summer.
- Szymon Okoń, 2012. "Investor Reaction to Mandatory Offers on the Warsaw Stock Exchange," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 6(2), June.
- Maysami, Ramin Cooper & Koh, Tiong Sim, 2000. "A vector error correction model of the Singapore stock market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 79-96, February.
- Andreas Humpe & Peter Macmillan, 2009. "Can macroeconomic variables explain long-term stock market movements? A comparison of the US and Japan," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 111-119.
- Mohammed Nishat & Rozina Shaheen, 2004. "Macroeconomic Factors and Pakistani Equity Market," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 619-637.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ben Yaala, sirine & Henchiri, jamel E., 2016. "Impact of Macroeconomic and Demographic Variables on the Stock Market: Evidence from Tunisian Crisis," MPRA Paper 76783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joseph Forson, 2015.
"Corruption, EU Aid Inflows and Economic Growth in Ghana: Cointegration and Causality Analysis,"
Managing Intellectual Capital and Innovation for Sustainable and Inclusive Society: Managing Intellectual Capital and Innovation; Proceedings of the MakeLearn and TIIM Joint International Conference 2,
- Forson, Joseph Ato & Buracom, Ponlapat & Baah-Ennumh, Theresa Yabaa & Chen, Guojin & Carsamer, Emmanuel, 2014. "Corruption, EU Aid Inflows and Economic Growth in Ghana: Cointegration and Causality Analysis," MPRA Paper 67626, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Apr 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsMacroeconomic Variables; Cointegration; Thai Stock Exchange Index (SETI); T-Y Augmented Granger-Causality;
- C0 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C2 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:57582. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.