Assessing the impact of fta: a case study of pakistan- malaysia fta
The paper focuses on understanding the dynamics of pre and post Free Trade Agreement (FTA) agreement between Pakistan and Malaysia. It makes use of descriptive analysis and SMART model for simulating the impact of trade liberalization and its impact on the local and ASEAN economy. The impact is measured for top five export product of Pakistan and separate case of automobile sector of Pakistan understanding the changes in export, revenue, trade creation and diversion and welfare impact. The results from the descriptive analysis suggests trade in favor of Malaysia while simulation shows increase in export, welfare and trade diversion with automobile sector showing insignificant impact on welfare.
|Date of creation:||30 May 2014|
|Date of revision:||12 Jun 2014|
|Publication status:||Published in Global Journal of Economics Bilateral FTA case study and trade liberalization.Vol. 3(2014): pp. 5-21|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vaqar Ahmed & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2009.
"External Shocks in a Small Open Economy: A CGE-Microsimulation Analysis,"
0142, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2009.
- Vaqar Ahmed & Cathal O'Donoghue, 2010. "External Shocks in a Small Open Economy: A CGE - Microsimulation Analysis," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(1), pages 45-90, Jan-Jun.
- Kimberly A. Clausing, 2001. "Trade creation and trade diversion in the Canada - United States Free Trade Agreement," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(3), pages 677-696, August.
- Greg Mastel, 2004. "The Rise of the Free Trade Agreement," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(4), pages 41-61, July.
- Sang‐Wook (Stanley) Cho & Julian P. Diaz, 2011.
"The Welfare Impact Of Trade Liberalization,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 379-397, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:55802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.