Apertura. Gasto Público Y Convergencia En América Latin: Un Modelo Econometrico Espacial
[Liberalization, Public Spending And Convergence In Latin America: An Spatial Econometric Model]
The study focuses on the analysis of economic growth of the Latin American countries, during the period 1950-2000 The methodology of the paper is based on the use of spatial econometric thechniques applied to a cross section and panel data. The results showed conditional convergence for the region from 1950 to 1975, and both absolute and conditional divergence from 1980 to 2000.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Comercio Exterior 9.57(2007): pp. 705-717|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040129 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mario Cimoli & Marcio Holland & Gabriel Porcile & Annalisa Primi & Sebastiàn Vergara, 2006.
"Growth, Structural Change and Technological Capabilities. Latin America in a Comparative Perspective,"
LEM Papers Series
2006/11, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Cimoli, Mario & Porcile, Gabriel & Primi, Annalisa & Vergara, Sebastián & Brito, Marcio Holland de, 2010. "Growth, structural change and technological capabilities Latin America in a comparative perspective," Textos para discussão 212, Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Easterly, William & Loayza, Norman & Montiel, Peter, 1997.
"Has Latin America's post-reform growth been disappointing?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3-4), pages 287-311, November.
- Easterly, William & Loayza, Norman & Montiel, Peter, 1997. "Has Latin America's post-reform growth been disappointing?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1708, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5561. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.