On the Folded Normal Distribution
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michail Tsagris & Christina Beneki & Hossein Hassani, 2014. "On the Folded Normal Distribution," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 2(1), pages 1-17, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Psarakis, Stelios & Panaretos, John, 2001. "On Some Bivariate Extensions of the Folded Normal and the Folded-T Distributions," MPRA Paper 6383, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Psarakis, Stelios & Panaretos, John, 1990. "The Folded t Distribution," MPRA Paper 6257, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yee, Thomas W., 2010. "The VGAM Package for Categorical Data Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 32(i10).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mardia, Kanti V. & Wiechers, Henrik & Eltzner, Benjamin & Huckemann, Stephan F., 2022. "Principal component analysis and clustering on manifolds," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 188(C).
- Shi, Yan & Lu, Zhenzhou & He, Ruyang & Zhou, Yicheng & Chen, Siyu, 2020. "A novel learning function based on Kriging for reliability analysis," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 198(C).
- Budnik, Katarzyna & Rünstler, Gerhard, 2020. "Identifying structural VARs from sparse narrative instruments: dynamic effects of U.S. macroprudential policies," Working Paper Series 2353, European Central Bank.
- Wen Shi & Xi Chen & Jennifer Shang, 2019. "An Efficient Morris Method-Based Framework for Simulation Factor Screening," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 745-770, October.
- Maria-Teresa Bosch-Badia & Joan Montllor-Serrats & Maria-Antonia Tarrazon-Rodon, 2020. "Risk Analysis through the Half-Normal Distribution," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 8(11), pages 1-27, November.
- Qiwei Xie & Linda L. Zhang & Haichao Shang & Ali Emrouznejad & Yongjun Li, 2021. "Evaluating performance of super-efficiency models in ranking efficient decision-making units based on Monte Carlo simulations," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 305(1), pages 273-323, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jiang, Xianfeng & Packer, Frank, 2019. "Credit ratings of Chinese firms by domestic and global agencies: Assessing the determinants and impact," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 178-193.
- Shuai Shao & Göran Kauermann, 2020. "Understanding price elasticity for airline ancillary services," Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 74-82, February.
- Shin Ji-Hyung & McNeney Brad & Graham Jinko & Infante-Rivard Claire, 2014. "A data-smoothing approach to explore and test gene-environment interaction in case-parent trios," Statistical Applications in Genetics and Molecular Biology, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 159-171, April.
- Thomas Yee & Alfian Hadi, 2014. "Row–column interaction models, with an R implementation," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 29(6), pages 1427-1445, December.
- Liu, Xiaochun & Luger, Richard, 2015. "Unfolded GARCH models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 186-217.
- Moming Li & Guoqing Diao & Jing Qin, 2020. "On symmetric semiparametric two‐sample problem," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 76(4), pages 1216-1228, December.
- Goedkoop, F. & Dijkstra, J. & Flache, A., 2022. "A social network perspective on involvement in community energy initiatives: The role of direct and extended social ties to initiators," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C).
- repec:jss:jstsof:39:i12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahdi Rezapour & F. Richard Ferraro & Sabrina Alsubaiei, 2022. "Behavioral and emotional adaptations of obese and underweight students in response to the COVID-19 pandemic," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 1-9, December.
- Gerhard Tutz & Moritz Berger, 2022. "Sparser Ordinal Regression Models Based on Parametric and Additive Location‐Shift Approaches," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 90(2), pages 306-327, August.
- Moritz Berger & Thomas Welchowski & Steffen Schmitz-Valckenberg & Matthias Schmid, 2019. "A classification tree approach for the modeling of competing risks in discrete time," Advances in Data Analysis and Classification, Springer;German Classification Society - Gesellschaft für Klassifikation (GfKl);Japanese Classification Society (JCS);Classification and Data Analysis Group of the Italian Statistical Society (CLADAG);International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS), vol. 13(4), pages 965-990, December.
- Gerhard Tutz & Moritz Berger, 2016. "Response Styles in Rating Scales," Journal of Educational and Behavioral Statistics, , vol. 41(3), pages 239-268, June.
- Wei, Zheng & Kim, Daeyoung, 2021. "On exploratory analytic method for multi-way contingency tables with an ordinal response variable and categorical explanatory variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 186(C).
- Marie-Therese Puth & Gerhard Tutz & Nils Heim & Eva Münster & Matthias Schmid & Moritz Berger, 2020. "Tree-based modeling of time-varying coefficients in discrete time-to-event models," Lifetime Data Analysis: An International Journal Devoted to Statistical Methods and Applications for Time-to-Event Data, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 545-572, July.
- Kourtis, Apostolos, 2014. "On the distribution and estimation of trading costs," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 104-117.
- Christian Dudel, 2021. "Expanding the Markov Chain Toolbox: Distributions of Occupation Times and Waiting Times," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 50(1), pages 401-428, February.
- Angelo Lorenti & Christian Dudel & Mikko Myrskylä, 2019. "The Legacy of the Great Recession in Italy: A Wider Geographical, Gender, and Generational Gap in Working Life Expectancy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 283-303, February.
- Hale, Jo Mhairi & Dudel, Christian & Lorenti, Angelo, 2020. "Cumulative disparities in the dynamics of working poverty for later-career U.S. workers (2002-2012)," SocArXiv xka5j, Center for Open Science.
- Diego Montano & Richard Peter, 2022. "Informal care-giving and the intention to give up employment: the role of perceived supervisor behaviour in a cohort of German employees," European Journal of Ageing, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 575-585, September.
- P. Brighi & R. Patuelli & G. Torluccio, 2012.
"Self-Financing of Traditional and R&D Investments: Evidence from Italian SMEs,"
wp845, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Paola Brighi & Roberto Patuelli & Giuseppe Torluccio, 2012. "Self-Financing of Traditional and R&D Investments: Evidence from Italian SMEs," Working Paper series 61_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Stoklosa, Jakub & Huggins, Richard M., 2012. "A robust P-spline approach to closed population capture–recapture models with time dependence and heterogeneity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 408-417.
More about this item
Keywordsfolded normal distribution; entropy; Kullback–Leibler; maximum likelihood estimates;
All these keywords.
- C16 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Econometric and Statistical Methods; Specific Distributions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53748. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.