A study on variation in comparative advantage in trade between China and India
This Paper investigates the comparative advantage of India & China and how this has changed over the period of 2002-2012. Comparative advantage has been tested using Revealed comparative Advantage (RCA). Export Products are analyzed based on Standard International Trade Classification (SITC) revision 1, which divide total export into ten groups. It has been found that in some commodities RCA remained stable throughout the study period whereas in some commodities there has been large variation. In some commodity groups India and China complement each other whereas in some commodities they are competing they are competing with each other in the World market. The analysis can be applied to guide policy makers in their evaluation of trade and industrial policies.
|Date of creation:||19 Jan 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in The International Journal Of Humanities & Social Studies 1.2(2014): pp. 101-107|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Przemyslaw Kowalski, 2008.
"China and India - A Tale of Two Trade Integration Approaches,"
Trade Working Papers
22170, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski, 2008. "China and India: A Tale of Two Trade Integration Approaches," Working Papers id:1637, eSocialSciences.
- Banerjee, Abhijit Vinayak, 2006. "The paradox of Indian growth: A comment on Kochhar et al," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 1021-1026, July.
- Kumar, Anjani, 2010. "Exports of Livestock Products from India: Performance, Competitiveness and Determinants," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 23(1).
- Wu, Yanrui & Zhou, Zhangyue, 2006. "Changing bilateral trade between China and India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 509-518, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.