Consistent estimation of the Value-at-Risk when the error distribution of the volatility model is misspecified
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mohamed El Ghourabi & Christian Francq & Fedya Telmoudi, 2016. "Consistent Estimation of the Value at Risk When the Error Distribution of the Volatility Model is Misspecified," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 46-76, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koenker, Roger & Xiao, Zhijie, 2006. "Quantile Autoregression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 980-990, September.
- Ding, Zhuanxin & Granger, Clive W. J. & Engle, Robert F., 1993. "A long memory property of stock market returns and a new model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 83-106, June.
- Keith Kuester & Stefan Mittnik & Marc S. Paolella, 2006. "Value-at-Risk Prediction: A Comparison of Alternative Strategies," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(1), pages 53-89.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoïan, Jean-Michel, 2015. "Risk-parameter estimation in volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 184(1), pages 158-173.
- Xiao, Zhijie & Koenker, Roger, 2009. "Conditional Quantile Estimation for Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(488), pages 1696-1712.
- Lee, Sang-Won & Hansen, Bruce E., 1994. "Asymptotic Theory for the Garch(1,1) Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimator," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 29-52, March.
- Jianqing Fan & Lei Qi & Dacheng Xiu, 2014. "Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation of GARCH Models With Heavy-Tailed Likelihoods," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 178-191, April.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L, 1996. "Consistency and Asymptotic Normality of the Quasi-maximum Likelihood Estimator in IGARCH(1,1) and Covariance Stationary GARCH(1,1) Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 575-596, May.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Francq, Christian & Lepage, Guillaume & Zakoïan, Jean-Michel, 2011. "Two-stage non Gaussian QML estimation of GARCH models and testing the efficiency of the Gaussian QMLE," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 165(2), pages 246-257.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Bassett, Gilbert W. & Koenker, Roger W., 1986. "Strong Consistency of Regression Quantiles and Related Empirical Processes," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 191-201, August.
- Davis, Richard A. & Knight, Keith & Liu, Jian, 1992. "M-estimation for autoregressions with infinite variance," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 145-180, February.
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoïan, 2013.
"Optimal predictions of powers of conditionally heteroscedastic processes,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 75(2), pages 345-367, March.
- Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2010. "Optimal predictions of powers of conditionally heteroskedastic processes," MPRA Paper 22155, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christan Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoian, 2012. "Optimal Predictions of Powers of Conditionally Heteroskedastic Processes," Working Papers 2012-17, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos & Olmo, Jose, 2010. "Backtesting Parametric Value-at-Risk With Estimation Risk," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 36-51.
- Lynn Wirch, Julia & Hardy, Mary R., 1999. "A synthesis of risk measures for capital adequacy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 337-347, December.
- Pollard, David, 1991. "Asymptotics for Least Absolute Deviation Regression Estimators," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(02), pages 186-199, June.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:33:y:2017:i:3:p:569-580 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Al-Eid, Eid & Demouche, Nacer, 2016. "Generalized quasi-maximum likelihood inference for periodic conditionally heteroskedastic models," MPRA Paper 75770, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2016.
- repec:spr:sistpr:v:21:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11203-017-9160-x is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAPARCH; Conditional VaR; Distortion Risk Measures; GARCH; Generalized Quasi Maximum Likelihood Estimation; Instrumental density.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-11-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-RMG-2013-11-09 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.