Borda voting is non-manipulable but cloning manipulation is possible
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:ksb:journl:v:2:y:2009:i:1:p:42-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Truchon, Michel, 2008.
"Borda and the maximum likelihood approach to vote aggregation,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 96-102, January.
- Michel Truchon, 2006. "Borda and the Maximum Likelihood Approach to Vote Aggregation," Cahiers de recherche 0623, CIRPEE.
- Jamal Nazrul Islam & Haradhan Kumar Mohajan & Pahlaj Moolio, 2009.
"Political Economy and Social Welfare with Voting Procedure,"
KASBIT Business Journals,
Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT), vol. 2, pages 42-66, December.
- Islam, Jamal & Mohajan, Haradhan & Moolio, Pahlaj, 2009. "Political Economy and Social Welfare with Voting Procedure," MPRA Paper 50671, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Sep 2009.
- Gibbard, Allan, 1973. "Manipulation of Voting Schemes: A General Result," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 587-601, July.
- Michael Dummett, 1998. "The Borda count and agenda manipulation," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 15(2), pages 289-296.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ksp:journ6:v:4:y:2017:i:3:p:234-243 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dany R. DOMBOU T., 2017.
"How Borda voting rule can respect Arrow IIA and avoid cloning manipulation,"
Journal of Economics Bibliography,
KSP Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 234-243, September.
- DOMBOU T., Dany R., 2017. "How Borda voting rule can respect Arrow IIA and avoid Cloning manipulation," MPRA Paper 80608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBorda scores; cloning manipulation; vulnerabilities in Borda cloning manipulations.;
- C65 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Miscellaneous Mathematical Tools
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50848. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.