The Sources of Growth in the Former SFRY Countries: Comparative Analysis
The topic of this paper is comparative analysis of the economic growth in the former SFRY countries. The paper is primarily devoted to the analysis of the sources of economic growth in these countries. In this regard, apart from conventional decomposition of growth (contributions of capital, labor and total factor productivity), the demand and the industry composition sides of the sources-of-growth analyses have also been considered. Furthermore, the reserves for further rise in GDP per capita have been identified and estimated on the basis of obtained results. Special attention has been paid to possible increase in the total factor productivity induced by the advance in “broader knowledge” as well as to increase in the labor participation rate. Institutional and policy prerequisites for realization of these reserves of growth are also briefly analysed.
|Date of creation:||18 Jul 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baffes, John & Elbadawi, Ibrahim A. & O'Connell, Stephen A., 1997. "Single-equation estimation of the equilibrium real exchange rate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1800, The World Bank.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:107:y:1992:i:2:p:407-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maddison, Angus, 1987. "Growth and Slowdown in Advanced Capitalist Economies: Techniques of Quantitative Assessment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 649-98, June.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 365-439.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Toniolo, Gianni, 1995. "Post-war Growth: An Overview," CEPR Discussion Papers 1095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:116:y:2001:i:2:p:447-487 is not listed on IDEAS
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw, 1995.
"The Growth of Nations,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1732, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.