Central bank independence: monetary policies in selected jurisdictions (II)
Through an investigation of selected jurisdictions, this paper aims to contribute to the extant literature in investigating the relationship between central bank independence and price stability, as well as how such a relationship varies between different jurisdictions – even though it is widely argued that political and legislative interference is often contributory to price instability. This paper employs times series data to study the dynamics of central bank independence. It also employs bivariate cointegration methodology to examine the long-term relationship between inflation index and the different measures of financial development.
|Date of creation:||31 Mar 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malcolm Sawyer, 2006. "Inflation targeting and central bank independence: we are all Keynesians now! or are we?," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 28(4), pages 639-652, July.
- Otero, Jesus & Ramirez, Manuel, 2006. "Inflation before and after central bank independence: The case of Colombia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 168-182, February.
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Afroditi Triampella, 2006.
"Central Bank Independence and inflation: the case of Greece,"
REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO,
UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO, June.
- Theodore Panagiotidis & Afrodit Triampella, 2005. "Central Bank Independence and Inflation: The case of Greece," Discussion Paper Series 2005_7, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Jul 2005.
- Haan, Jakob de & Kooi, Willem J., 2000. "Does central bank independence really matter?: New evidence for developing countries using a new indicator," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 643-664, April.
- Wojciech S. Maliszewski, 2000. "Central Bank Independence in Transition Economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 749-789, November.
- Morten Balling & Frank Lierman & Freddy Van den Spiegel & Rym Ayadi & David T. Llewellyn & Martin Merlin & Donato Masciandaro & Marc Quintyn & Rosaria Vega-Pansini & Adam Szyszka & Rym Ayadi & Frank d, 2012. "New Paradigms in Banking, Financial Markets and Regulation?," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2012/2 edited by Morten Balling, Frank Lierman, Freddy Van den Spiegel, Rym Ayadi and David T. Llewellyn, April.
- Hayo, Bernd & Hefeker, Carsten, 2002. "Reconsidering central bank independence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 653-674, November. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45684. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.