Southeastern Europe: post-crisis prospects and risks
The Southeast European (SEE) countries have strong roots in social and historical terms. Their experience of the last couple of decades indicates, however, that SEE is in continual change and transformation: They want to attain more open societies, functioning markets and well-knit international affairs. This paper examines the economic prospects of the SEE countries from the eye of outsiders. Specifically, we investigate the strength of intra-SEE economic ties, stability at the nexus of financial and real sectors, propagation of shocks from the major economies of Europe to the SEE, and uncertainties surrounding the SEE countries. Along each of these dimensions, we maintain a comparative perspective, spatially relative to continental Europe and Turkey and temporally relative to the pre-crisis period.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Cunedioglu, Ekrem & Yucel, Eray, 2011. "Does every stone fall in the same way? new gravity evidence on world trade," MPRA Paper 30870, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ralph De Haas & Yevgeniya Korniyenko & Elena Loukoianova & Alexander Pivovarsky, 2012.
"Foreign Banks and the Vienna Initiative: Turning Sinners into Saints?,"
Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers
62, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Ralph De Haas & Yevgeniya Korniyenko & Alexander Pivovarsky & Elena Loukoianova, 2012. "Foreign Banks and the Vienna Initiative; Turning Sinners Into Saints?," IMF Working Papers 12/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Ralph De Haas & Yevgeniya Korniyenko & Elena Loukoianova & Alexander Pivovarsky, 2012. "Foreign banks and the Vienna Initiative: turning sinners into saints," Working Papers 143, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Office of the Chief Economist.
- Gardó, Sándor & Martin, Reiner, 2010. "The impact of the global economic and financial crisis on central, eastern and south-eastern Europe: A stock-taking exercise," Occasional Paper Series 114, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.