Structural reforms in the candidate countries and the European Union
This volume contains the proceedings of a round-table discussion on the consequences of EU enlargement on structural economic policies in East and West. The discussion was based on a report of the Working Group on Enlargement of the EU's Economic Policy Committee (EPC). In the light of the Lisbon agenda, the report asserts that in candidate countries (CCs) the progress in structural and institutional reforms has not been consistently strong across all countries and areas. In most CCs there is scope to further improve the functioning of product markets and to accelerate the transition to a knowledge-based economy. It is crucial to maintain the reform momentum, also in case of temporary lower growth performance, to avoid any risk of jeopardising the overall target of structural reform.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jonathan Temple, 2000.
"Growth Effects of Education and Social Capital in the OECD Countries,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
263, OECD Publishing.
- Jonathan Temple, 2001. "Growth effects of education and social capital in the OECD countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 57-101.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2001. "Growth Effects of Education and Social Capital in the OECD Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2875, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2001.
"Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
384, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tito Boeri & Katherine Terrell, 2002. "Institutional Determinants of Labor Reallocation in Transition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 51-76, Winter.
- Schneider, Friedrich, 2002. "The Size and Development of the Shadow Economies of 22 Transition and 21 OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 514, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44957. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.