Barriers to entry : abolishing the barriers to understanding
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998. "Externalities, Fixed Costs and Information," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 547-563.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10986 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998. "The Genesis of 'Positive Economics' and the Rejection of Monopolistic Competition Theory: A Methodological Debate," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 261-276, May.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Preston R. Fee & Hugo M. Mialon & Michael A. Williams, 2004. "What Is a Barrier to Entry?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 461-465, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ricardo Paredes & Rómulo Chumacero & Juan Gallegos, 2012. "Competition Pressures and Academic Performance in a Generalized Vouchers Context," EcoMod2012 4184, EcoMod.
- Rómulo A. Chumacero & Juan Gallegos Mardones & Ricardo D. Paredes, 2016. "Competition Pressures and Academic Performance in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 43(2 Year 20), pages 217-232, December.
More about this item
KeywordsKey Words: Barriers to entry; sunk cost; irreversibility; monopolistic competition; regulation JEL Classifications: B21; D21; D24; D43; G18;
- B21 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Microeconomics
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.