Thresholds in institutional spaces
Threshold effects in behavioral patterns as well as in the public domain seem to be special among peculiar phenomena concentrated in a rather short time period in Russia (e.g. Russian labor market paradoxes). Examples of such changes are chosen among peculiar phenomena concentrated in a rather short time period in Russia (e.g. Russian labor market paradoxes, inertia of the power property system etc.). The observed cases give a possibility to check the validity of the proposed Helical Institutional Development Scheme (HIDS). The paper shows that the HIDS might be regarded not only as a sketch of a decision making model and a pattern for an institutional space. It may show the direction in which the evolutionary theory is developing: from the analysis of situations with the stable certainty (complete and perfect information) to the “stable” uncertainty and then to “unstable uncertainty” cases where peoples’ preferences and beliefs are changing. Within the frameworks of HIDS the paper offers an explanation for the quantum structures in Russian institutional matrixes.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jack Knight, 1998. "The Bases of Cooperation: Social Norms and the Rule of Law," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 154(4), pages 754-, December.
- Pyastolov, S.M., 2007. "Norms as indicators of human capital investments effectiveness," MPRA Paper 44451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dessing, Maryke, 2002. "Labor supply, the family and poverty: the S-shaped labor supply curve," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 433-458, December.
- S. Pyastolov., 2007. "Prospects of the Theory of Prospects," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 12.
- Alice Lam, 1998. "Tacit Knowledge, Organisational Learning and Innovation A Societal Perspective," DRUID Working Papers 98-22, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- S. Pyastolov., 2005. "Russian Households Labor Supply Peculiarities," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 8.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.