Constructing a Generator of Matrices with Pattern
Computations with large matrices work out faster with computer software, even faster creating automatically the matrix of the size and pattern needed. In this paper we propose free computer algebra system Xcas resources to display particular matrices that can be called up directly. Our computer codes provide shortcuts for entering random block diagonal matrices, random triangular matrices, random and specialized band matrices, elementary matrices Eij, Fourier matrices. As for matrices needed in the study of mathematical issues concerning the properties of the roots of a polynomial, we create features with polynomial coefficients. We also propose codes for immediate construction of functional matrices such as Jacobian, bordered Hessian and Wronskian. The computer codes proposed provide visual representation of the matrix pattern (which is traditionally explained using indices and numerals), infinite number of examples using random numbers and immediate construction of large matrices of various forms.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in International Journal of Information Science and Computer Mathematics 2.4(2011): pp. 101-117|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Halkos & Kyriaki Tsilika, 2015.
"Programming Identification Criteria in Simultaneous Equation Models,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 46(1), pages 157-170, June.
- Halkos, George & Tsilika, Kyriaki, 2012. "Programming identification criteria in simultaneous equation models," MPRA Paper 43467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lloyd, William P & Lee, Cheng F, 1976. "Block Recursive Systems in Asset Pricing Models," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1101-13, September.
- Halkos, George & Tsilika, Kyriaki, 2012. "Stability analysis in economic dynamics: A computational approach," MPRA Paper 41371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Batten, D & Martellato, D, 1985. "Classical versus Modern Approaches to Interregional Input-Output Analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 19(3), pages 1-15, November.
- Tarr, David G, 1976. "Distributed Lags, Morishima Matrices, and the Stability of Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 597-600, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43614. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.