Securities transaction tax and the stock market– an Indian experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Summers, L.H. & Summers, V.P., 1989. "When Financial Markets Work Too Well : A Cautious Case For A Securities Transactions Tax," Papers t12, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "A Securities Transactions Tax And Capital Market Efficiency," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(1), pages 101-112, January.
- James Tobin, 1978. "A Proposal for International Monetary Reform," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 4(3-4), pages 153-159, Jul/Oct.
- Umlauf, Steven R., 1993. "Transaction taxes and the behavior of the Swedish stock market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 227-240, April.
- Shinhua Liu, 2007. "Securities Transaction Tax and Market Efficiency: Evidence from the Japanese Experience," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 32(3), pages 161-176, December.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Mathur, Kritika, 2012. "Evolution of security transaction tax in India," MPRA Paper 40165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roll, R., 1989. "Price Volatility, International Market Links, And Their Implications For Regulatory Policies," Papers t10, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Stiglitz, J.E., 1989. "Using Tax Policy To Curb Speculative Short-Term Trading," Papers t2, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hvozdyk, Lyudmyla & Rustanov, Serik, 2016. "The effect of financial transaction tax on market liquidity and volatility: An Italian perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 62-78.
- Sinha, Pankaj & Mathur, Kritika, 2015. "Impact of Commodities Transaction Tax on Indian Commodity Futures," MPRA Paper 63677, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona, 2016. "Financial transaction taxes: Announcement effects, short-run effects, and long-run effects," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 211, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
More about this item
KeywordsSecurities Transaction Taxes; Stock Markets; Returns; Risk;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .