Is Direct FDI in Healthcare Desirable in a Developing Economy?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. Outreville, 2007. "Foreign direct investment in the health care sector and most-favoured locations in developing countries," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 8(4), pages 305-312, December.
- Smith, Richard D, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and trade in health services: A review of the literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(11), pages 2313-2323, December.
- Rupa Chanda, 2008. "Trade in Health Services," Working Papers id:1758, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; healthcare; developing economy; social welfare; human capital; general equilibrium;
- P36 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Consumer Economics; Health; Education and Training; Welfare, Income, Wealth, and Poverty
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-09-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-09-09 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2012-09-09 (Health Economics)
- NEP-INT-2012-09-09 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41007. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .