Marriage and Corruption : An empirical analysis on european data
In recent years the topic of corruption has attracted a great deal of attention. However, there is still a lack of substantial empirical evidence about the determinants of corruption. Despite an increasing interest of economists in the determinants of corruption, the factor of marriage has been widely neglected in the literature. The results suggest a positive but ambiguous effect marriage on corruption.
|Date of creation:||27 Jul 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Naci Mocan, 2004.
"What Determines Corruption? International Evidence from Micro Data,"
NBER Working Papers
10460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naci Mocan, 2008. "What Determines Corruption? International Evidence From Microdata," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(4), pages 493-510, October.
- Ghulam Shabbir & Mumtaz Anwar, 2007.
"Determinants of Corruption in Developing Countries,"
The Pakistan Development Review,
Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 751-764.
- Chaudhry, Mumtaz Anwar & Shabbir, Ghulam, 2007. "Determinants of corruption in developing countries," HWWI Research Papers 2-11, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Montinola, Gabriella R. & Jackman, Robert W., 2002. "Sources of Corruption: A Cross-Country Study," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 147-170, January.
- Abdiweli M. Ali & Hoden Said Isse, 2003. "Determinants of Economic Corruption: A Cross-Country Comparison," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 22(3), pages 449-466, Winter.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40311. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.