Edward H. Chamberlin (1899 − 1967)
This is an entry produced for the Handbook of the History of Economic Analysis, edited by Gilbert Faccarello and Heinz D. Kurz. Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA, USA: Edward Elgar, forthcoming.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas P. Reinwald, 1977. "The Genesis of Chamberlinian Monopolistic Competition Theory," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 9(4), pages 522-534, Winter.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10986 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nahid Aslanbeigui & Guy Oakes, 2011. "Hostage to Fortune: Edward Chamberlin and the Reception of The Theory of Monopolistic Competition," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 471-512, Fall.
- Keppler, Jan Horst, 1998. "The Genesis of 'Positive Economics' and the Rejection of Monopolistic Competition Theory: A Methodological Debate," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 261-276, May.
- Edward S. Mason, 1982. "The Harvard Department of Economics from the Beginning to World War II," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(3), pages 383-433.
- Edward H. Chamberlin, 1961. "The Origin and Early Development of Monopolistic Competition Theory," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(4), pages 515-543.
- Edward H. Chamberlin, 1953. "The Product as an Economic Variable," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(1), pages 1-29.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 2009. "The rise and fall of monopolistic competition revolution," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 56(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Edward H. Chamberlin, 1937. "Monopolistic or Imperfect Competition?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(4), pages 557-580. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.