Corporate investment decisions under asymmetric information and uncertainty
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bell, Peter N, 2012. "Corporate investment decisions under asymmetric information and uncertainty," MPRA Paper 38348, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicholas S., 1984.
"Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 187-221, June.
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Linda Schmid Klein & Thomas J. O’Brien & Stephen R. Peters, 2002. "Debt vs. Equity and Asymmetric Information: A Review," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 317-349, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Florian Meier, 2020. "The Age of Cheap Money and Passive Investing: Are Pro Forma Earnings Value Relevant?," Journal of Finance and Investment Analysis, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 9(2), pages 1-1.
- Andres, Christian & Cumming, Douglas & Karabiber, Timur & Schweizer, Denis, 2014. "Do markets anticipate capital structure decisions? — Feedback effects in equity liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 133-156.
- Jacek Jaworski & Leszek Czerwonka, 2021. "Determinants of Enterprises’ Capital Structure in Energy Industry: Evidence from European Union," Energies, MDPI, vol. 14(7), pages 1-21, March.
- Miglo, Anton, 2022. "Theories of financing for entrepreneurial firms: a review," MPRA Paper 115835, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ashraf Ismail & Seunghack Oh & Nuruzzaman Arsyad, 2015. "Split ratings and debt‐signaling in bond markets: A note," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 24(1), pages 36-41, January.
- Neville, Conor & Lucey, Brian M., 2022. "Financing Irish high-tech SMEs: The analysis of capital structure," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 83(C).
- Anton Miglo, 2012.
"Managers versus Students: New Approach in Improving Capital Structure Education,"
Journal of Education and Vocational Research, AMH International, vol. 3(11), pages 353-369.
- Miglo, Anton, 2012. "Managers versus students: new approach in improving capital structure education," MPRA Paper 46695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anton Miglo, 2022.
"Theories of Crowdfunding and Token Issues: A Review,"
JRFM, MDPI, vol. 15(5), pages 1-28, May.
- Miglo, Anton, 2022. "Theories of crowdfunding and token issues: a review," MPRA Paper 115760, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrik Bauer, 2004. "Capital Structure of Listed Companies in Visegrad Countries," Prague Economic Papers, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2004(2), pages 159-175.
- Rosen, Harvey S. & Sappington, Alexander J.W., 2016. "To borrow or not to borrow? An analysis of university leverage decisions," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 170-185.
- David Gordon, 2014. "Linkages in Capital Structure Theory and Economics," Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(3), pages 43-55, September.
- Meskat Ibne Sharif, 2019. "Fundamental Drivers of Capital Structure: Evidence from Publicly Traded Non-financial U.S. Firms," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 9(6), pages 113-122.
- Ismail, Ashraf & Oh, Seunghack & Arsyad, Nuruzzaman, 2015. "Split ratings and debt-signaling in bond markets: A note," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 36-41.
- Miglo, Anton, 2017.
"Timing of earnings and capital structure,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 1-15.
- Miglo, Anton, 2014. "Timing of Earnings and Capital Structure," MPRA Paper 56547, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arief Yulianto & Rini Setyo Witiastuti & Widiyanto, 2021. "Debt versus Equity—Open Innovation to Reduce Asymmetric Information," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 7(3), pages 1-13, August.
- David Abad & Juan Pedro Sánchez-Ballesta & José Yagüe, 2017. "The short-term debt choice under asymmetric information," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 8(3), pages 261-285, August.
- Wang, Taiyuan & Thornhill, Stewart, 2010. "R&D investment and financing choices: A comprehensive perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1148-1159, November.
- Miglo, Anton & Liang, Shuting & Lee, Zhenting, 2014. "Capital Structure of Internet Companies: Case Study," MPRA Paper 56330, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ordoñez, Guillermo & Perez-Reyna, David & Yogo, Motohiro, 2019. "Leverage dynamics and credit quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 183(C), pages 183-212.
- Marco Botta & Luca Colombo, 2016. "Macroeconomic and Institutional Determinants of Capital Structure Decisions," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def038, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate decision making; issuance of stock; value of investment;
All these keywords.
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CTA-2012-05-15 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-PPM-2012-05-15 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38690. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.