Economic growth dynamics across countries
Economic growth is one of the most important issues discussed worldwide. Its dynamics over time seem to be crucial from the perspective of the ability of poor countries to catch up with highly developed economies. As can be easily noticed in world statistics, both GDP per capita and GDP growth levels vary substantially across countries. The main purpose of the paper is to analyze GDP PPP per capita growth rates across countries in the period 1980 – 2008, as well as to identify top and bottom country performers. In addition, the author verifies the statistical relationship between GDP PPP per capita and some arbitrary selected social indicators like: school life expectancy, infant mortality rate, life expectancy and Human Development Index. All data applied in the study are drawn from International Monetary Fund and United Nation databases
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diego A. Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2008.
"Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 B.C.?,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
09-052, Harvard Business School.
- Diego Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2006. "Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 B.C.?," NBER Working Papers 12657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrico Spolaore & Romain Wacziarg, 2007.
"The Diffusion of Development,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0704, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Enrico Spolaore & Romain Wacziarg, 2006. "The Diffusion of Development," NBER Working Papers 12153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Spolaore, Enrico, 2006. "The Diffusion of Development," Research Papers 1898r1, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Spolaore, Enrico & Wacziarg, Romain, 2006. "The Diffusion of Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 5630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521725200, 1.
- Ann Owen & Julio Videras & Lewis Davis, 2009.
"Do all countries follow the same growth process?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 265-286, December.
- George Gray Molina and Mark Purser, 2010. "Human Development Trends since 1970: A Social Convergence Story," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2010-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- de la Grandville,Olivier, 2009. "Economic Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521898010, 1.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37768. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.