Catching-up and club convergence from cross-national perspective. A statistical study for the period 1980-2010
The paper present the analysis outcomes on the catching-up process. Additionally it seeks for identifying the “convergence clubs” in cross-national section. It implements a traditional analysis of convergence tracking the catching-up process as well as the per capita income dynamics across time. The author finds no statistically significant relationship between average annual GDP PPP per capita growth rates (as exponential growth rate) and initial GDP PPP per capita (as natural logarithm) in a selected group of countries. The author also identifies the existence of “rich country cluster” and “poor country cluster” in the analyzed sample. The author applies for statistical analysis the country sample composed from 101 economies. All data concerning GDP PPP per capita are drawn from the IMF World Economic Outlook Database 2011. The time coverage is 1980-2010.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Diego A. Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2008.
"Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 B.C.?,"
Harvard Business School Working Papers
09-052, Harvard Business School.
- Diego Comin & William Easterly & Erick Gong, 2006. "Was the Wealth of Nations Determined in 1000 B.C.?," NBER Working Papers 12657, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enrico Spolaore & Romain Wacziarg, 2006.
"The Diffusion of Development,"
NBER Working Papers
12153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spolaore, Enrico & Wacziarg, Romain, 2006. "The Diffusion of Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 5630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Spolaore, Enrico, 2006. "The Diffusion of Development," Research Papers 1898r1, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Enrico Spolaore & Romain Wacziarg, 2007. "The Diffusion of Development," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0704, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2003. "Beyond income: convergence in living standards, big time," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 275-296, September.
- Rummaya & Wirya Wardaya & Erlangga Agustino Landiyanto, 2005. "Club Convergence & Regional Spillovers In East Java," GE, Growth, Math methods 0511008, EconWPA.
- Rahman, Tauhidur & Mittelhammer, Ron C. & Wandschneider, Philip R., 2011. "Measuring quality of life across countries: A multiple indicators and multiple causes approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 43-52, February.
- Alexiadis, Stilianos & Tomkins, Judith, 2010.
"Technology adoption and club convergence,"
21260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ann Owen & Julio Videras & Lewis Davis, 2009.
"Do all countries follow the same growth process?,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 265-286, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.