Impact of Family Ownership concentration on the Firm’s Performance: Evidence from Pakistani Capital Market
This study evaluates the impact family ownership on the firm‟s performance for the period of 2004 to 2009 considering a sample 29 manufacturing firms listed at KSE-100 index in the Pakistani capital market. The dependent variable is performance which is measured by ROA, ROE and Q of the sample firm and the independent variable is family ownership. Linear regression model is used for estimation along correlation analysis. The study reported positive relation between the ownership variable and performance variables. The results indicate negative association between the ownership variable and firm‟s dividend payment concluding that family control firms prefer to retain earning and investment opportunities rather to distribute the earnings. The empirical analysis reveal that the overall better governance practices have positive affect on financial decision. However, the firms with more family ownership do not adopt good practices and disclose less.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Demsetz, Harold & Villalonga, Belen, 2001. "Ownership structure and corporate performance," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 209-233, September.
- Cubbin, John S & Leech, Dennis, 1983. "The Effect of Shareholding Dispersion on the Degree of Control in British Companies: Theory and Measurement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(37), pages 351-69, June.
- Agrawal, Anup & Mandelker, Gershon N., 1990. "Large Shareholders and the Monitoring of Managers: The Case of Antitakeover Charter Amendments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 143-161, June.
- Qi, Daqing & Wu, Woody & Zhang, Hua, 2000. "Shareholding structure and corporate performance of partially privatized firms: Evidence from listed Chinese companies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 587-610, October.
- Jayesh Kumar, 2004. "Does Ownership Structure Influence Firm Value? Evidence from India," Finance 0406008, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.