Turn - of - the - month effect on the Bucharest stock exchange
This paper explores the presence of the turn – of – the – month effect on Bucharest Stock Exchange. We employ daily values from 2002 to 2011 of the two important indices of the Romanian capital market: BET – C and RAQ – C, composed on the stock prices of some of the biggest Romanian companies and RAQ – C, which includes the stock prices of smaller firms. We find evidences of the turn – of – the – month effect only for the BET – C evolution.
|Date of creation:||06 Mar 2011|
|Date of revision:||10 Feb 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cadsby, Charles Bram & Ratner, Mitchell, 1992. "Turn-of-month and pre-holiday effects on stock returns: Some international evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 497-509, June.
- Ziemba, William T., 1991. "Japanese security market regularities : Monthly, turn-of-the-month and year, holiday and golden week effects," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 119-146, September.
- Kunkel, Robert A. & Compton, William S. & Beyer, Scott, 2003. "The turn-of-the-month effect still lives: the international evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 207-221.
- Agrawal, Anup & Tandon, Kishore, 1994. "Anomalies or illusions? Evidence from stock markets in eighteen countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 83-106, February.
- Ariel, Robert A., 1987. "A monthly effect in stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 161-174, March.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey & Westerfield, Randolph, 1985. "Patterns in Japanese Common Stock Returns: Day of the Week and Turn of the Year Effects," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 261-272, June.
- Wing-Keung Wong & Aman Agarwal & Nee-Tat Wong, 2006. "The Disappearing Calendar Anomalies in the Singapore Stock Market," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 123-139, Jul-Dec.
- Keim, Donald B., 1983. "Size-related anomalies and stock return seasonality : Further empirical evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 13-32, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36566. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.