Turn-of-Month Evaluations of Liquid Profits and Stock Returns: A Common Explanation for the Monthly and January Effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maher, Daniela & Parikh, Anokhi, 2013. "The turn of the month effect in India: A case of large institutional trading pattern as a source of higher liquidity," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 57-69.
- Kumar, Satish, 2016. "Revisiting calendar anomalies: Three decades of multicurrency evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 16-32.
- Sharma, Susan Sunila & Narayan, Paresh Kumar, 2014. "New evidence on turn-of-the-month effects," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 92-108.
- Roll, Richard & Schwartz, Eduardo & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2014. "Trading activity in the equity market and its contingent claims: An empirical investigation," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 13-35.
- Kayacetin, Volkan & Lekpek, Senad, 2016. "Turn-of-the-month effect: New evidence from an emerging stock market," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 142-157.
- Loderer, Claudio & Jacobs, Andreas, 1995. "The Nestle crash," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 315-339, March.
- Stivers, Chris & Sun, Licheng, 2013. "Returns and option activity over the option-expiration week for S&P 100 stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4226-4240.
- Mine AKSOY & Veysel ULUSOY, 2015. "Analysis Of Relative Return Behaviour Of Borsa Istanbul Reit And Borsa Istanbul 100 Index," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 107-128, March.
- repec:jfr:ijfr11:v:8:y:2017:i:3:p:105-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Filipovski, Vladimir & Tevdovski, Dragan, 2017. "Stock market efficiency in South Eastern Europe: testing return predictability and presence of calendar effects," MPRA Paper 76818, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William G. Hardin III & Kartono Liano & Gow-cheng Huang, 2005. "Real Estate Investment Trusts and Calendar Anomalies: Revisited," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 8(1), pages 83-94.
- Mehmet Akbulut & Su Han Chan & Mariya Letdin, 2015. "Calendar Anomalies: Do REITs Behave Like Stocks?," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 18(2), pages 177-215.
- Gebka, Bartosz & Hudson, Robert S. & Atanasova, Christina V., 2015. "The benefits of combining seasonal anomalies and technical trading rules," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 36-44.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:292-302 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nekat, Kai & Nippel, Peter, 2007. "The impact of a firm's payout policy on stock prices and shareholders' wealth in an inefficient market," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 619, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Edwin D. Maberly & Daniel F. Waggoner, 2000. "Closing the question on the continuation of turn-of-the-month effects: evidence from the S&P 500 Index futures contract," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2000-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:1:p:95-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Camilleri, Silvio John, 2008. "Month-Related Seasonality of Stock Price Volatility: Evidence from the Malta Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 62493, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:busres:v:11:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s40685-017-0060-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suliman Zakaria Suliman Abdalla, 2015. "An Investigation of the Month-of-The-Year Effect for the Sudanese Stock Market," Working Papers 924, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
- Danny Yeung, 2012. "The Impact of Institutional Ownership: A Study of the Australian Equity Market," PhD Thesis, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney, number 11, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:45:y:1990:i:4:p:1259-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.