Technology Use in the Virtual R&D Teams
Problem statement: Although, literature proves the importance of the technology role in the effectiveness of virtual Research and Development (R&D) teams for new product development. However, the factors that make technology construct in a virtual R&D team are still ambiguous. The manager of virtual R&D teams for new product development does not know which type of technology should be used. Approach: To address the gap and answer the question, the study presents a set of factors that make a technology construct. The proposed construct modified by finding of the field survey (N = 240). We empirically examine the relationship between construct and its factors by employing the Structural Equation Modeling (SEM). A measurement model built base on the 19 preliminary factors that extracted from literature review. The result shows 10 factors out of 19 factors maintaining to make technology construct. Results: These 10 technology factors can be grouped into two constructs namely Web base communication and Web base data sharing. The findings can help new product development managers of enterprises to concentrate in the main factors for leading an effective virtual R&D team. In addition, it provides a guideline for software developers as well. Conclusion: The second and third generation technologies are now more suitable for developing new products through virtual R&D teams.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 1.5(2012): pp. 9-14|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2009.
"Modified stage-gate: A conceptual model of virtual product development process,"
27043, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2009.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2009. "Modified Stage-Gate: A Conceptual Model of Virtual Product Development Process," Post-Print hal-00593359, HAL.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2010.
"Virtual R&D teams and SMEs growth: A comparative study between Iranian and Malaysian SMEs,"
26983, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 13 Jul 2010.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2010. "Virtual R&D Teams and SMEs Growth: A Comparative Study Between Iranian and Malaysian SMEs," Post-Print hal-00593364, HAL.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2008.
"Virtual teams: A literature review,"
27001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2009.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Abdul Rashid, Salwa Hanim & Taha, Zahari, 2010.
"The Effectiveness of Virtual R&D Teams in SMEs: Experiences of Malaysian SMEs,"
27368, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2010.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Abdul Rashid, Salwa Hanim & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2011. "The effectiveness of virtual R&D Teams in SMEs: experiences of Malaysian SMEs," MPRA Paper 31554, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2011.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:36487. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.